Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212636 ... LastLast

Thread: Currency rates (added every week or two).

As of 27th September, according to xe.com, these are the current rates for AU$1

- US$ - 0.9719 (way down)
    - GB£ - 0.6264 (down)
    - JP¥ - 74.204 (way down)
    - EU€ - 0.7238 (down)
    - NZ$ - 1.2604 (down)

The dollar to the US$ has dropped a couple more cents due to commodity prices dropping (which we are pegged to) and issues in Europe. It's expected to climb again (some say as high as $1.20-1.30) as resource prices trend back up with developing economies driving global growth, but could fall to about 90c first.
    But 90c is still a good rate, compared to the last couple of decades, so I wouldn't be too upset about it dropping from its recent peak of $1.10.
    Last edited by griffin; 4th October 2011 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The dollar to the US$ has dropped a couple more cents due to commodity prices dropping (which we are pegged to) and issues in Europe. It's expected to climb again (some say as high as $1.20-1.30) as resource prices trend back up with developing economies driving global growth, but could fall to about 90c first.
    But 90c is still a good rate, compared to the last couple of decades, so I wouldn't be too upset about it dropping from its recent peak of $1.10.
    Its still not bad at AUS$0.90c and its lucky I bought my Yen a month ago when I got it at around 80-82 to out dollar. Also had to buy some HK dollars because of the stop over and that's dropped a little too but its still not bad.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

dollar has jumped back up to 0.97890 due to Market going back up suddenly

EDIT: back up to 0.98077 at 3:30pm Perth time
    Last edited by Accel; 7th October 2011 at 06:33 PM.

We just hit parity with the USD again.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Hopefully the YEN will be higher soon so my AmiAmi parcel for last month wont be too expensive

Also waiting to see about the HK$ as well.......might get some more sometime soon if it goes up too.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

So far I only look for parity with the USD but this is limiting any good deals to USD shops.

What is considered the good rates ($1AUD = ?) to buy YEN and HKD at?
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    So far I only look for parity with the USD but this is limiting any good deals to USD shops.

What is considered the good rates ($1AUD = ?) to buy YEN and HKD at?
    I find this good with the history of the value of currency.

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/

Valkyrie's SDF:

Up 6 US cents in just a week... that's pretty good. Apparently off the back of a surge in commodity prices.

Looking at the XE website, I noticed they list the official interest rates of several countries... and it's no wonder our currency is worth so much - we have the best returns from our banks. We're currently at 4.75%, compared to 0.25% in US, 1.5% in Europe, 0.5% in Britain, 1.0% in Canada, 0.1% in Japan and 2.5% in NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Up 6 US cents in just a week... that's pretty good. Apparently off the back of a surge in commodity prices.

Looking at the XE website, I noticed they list the official interest rates of several countries... and it's no wonder our currency is worth so much - we have the best returns from our banks. We're currently at 4.75%, compared to 0.25% in US, 1.5% in Europe, 0.5% in Britain, 1.0% in Canada, 0.1% in Japan and 2.5% in NZ.
    Yes Australia's got the best interest rate. As far as I know there is no other country in the world whose bank interest rate can beat their inflation rate. Ours can.