Thread: Currency rates (added every week or two).

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The iron ore price has been recovering lately, and it was the rapid drop in its price was what brought down the AU$ to begin with.

I'm so happy the JPY has come up recently, I'm heading over there soon and at 80 it's bad especially considering their negative interest rate, but at 85 I am happy because that's what it was when I was there in 2012 and TF prices were very good once converted, I missed out on some great exchange rates since then but that's the way she goes, fingers crossed for 85 or better in the next 5 weeks
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

We moved to Japan recently and transferred a little of our money across... it's depressing watching the rate nosedive, then climb, biting the bullet then watching it climb again! The place we transfer with actually had it over 85 today.

You could say i lost a couple hundred bucks in the last few days but i have to stop thinking like that... buying power here is completely different anyway so it's not really that clear-cut.

Of course i'd prefer more for my AUD though, so with a little in the bank now, I can bide my time longer on transferring more of our savings.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    We moved to Japan recently and transferred a little of our money across... it's depressing watching the rate nosedive, then climb, biting the bullet then watching it climb again! The place we transfer with actually had it over 85 today.

You could say i lost a couple hundred bucks in the last few days but i have to stop thinking like that... buying power here is completely different anyway so it's not really that clear-cut.

Of course i'd prefer more for my AUD though, so with a little in the bank now, I can bide my time longer on transferring more of our savings.
    Once the negative interest rates were announced in Japan I thought, yes, here we go the JPY will dive hard, but nothing. Just goes to show that our dollar is pretty friendly with the commodities market. I hope you can make some back as the AUD to JPY hopefully improves.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)