Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: <Facepalms> Drift. As a toy.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

The design is nice in a sort of Gundam-y way. The paintjob looks f%$#ing s#!+house.

This'll probably be the last straw by Hasbro against Fan-made stuff. With Hasbro doing their own Drift toy next year, they won't want to see unauthorised items competing with their official product. Before it was just items that complimented official toys, now it is an actual known Hasbro toy being replicated.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    This'll probably be the last straw by Hasbro against Fan-made stuff. With Hasbro doing their own Drift toy next year, they won't want to see unauthorised items competing with their official product. Before it was just items that complimented official toys, now it is an actual known Hasbro toy being replicated.
    Sorry i must have been out of it, when was the Hasbro Drift news released?
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

Mold looks okay, paint looks rubbish. Combined with the fact that more than a few people dislike Drift, I don't think there will be many, if ANY, of these things sold before Hasbro sues them down.

Yeah as far as I knew the news about a Drift toy went along these lines:

IDW: There will be a Drift toy.

Hasbro: No - There won't be a Drift toy.

So is Hasbro actualy making one now?

Sketches of a Drift toy were shown at Hasbro's design panel at BotCon (and covered in Griffin's reports I'm sure). As it was only sketches and not even prototype it was assumed it's still a long way off.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Sketches of a Drift toy were shown at Hasbro's design panel at BotCon (and covered in Griffin's reports I'm sure). As it was only sketches and not even prototype it was assumed it's still a long way off.
    I missed that.

Yeah then the people making this custom and treading in boiling hot water - However I honestly doubt this figure will sell very much. The makers already have a bad rep with the previous kit and word on this toy since it was announced has hardly been positive. The makers are risking a lot for what could be speculated as little return.

to be fair I think this garage kit was designed before news of Hasbro's Drift toy was announced - and yeah, this is news to me! If I were Hasbro I'd probably just send them a letter telling them to desist rather than throwing legal weight around. I'm sure Hasbro wouldn't want to repeat Takara's mistake with that fiasco at BotCon Japan 2000. It took both Takara and Ichikawa Hirofumi a lot of work for a long, long time after that to repair company-fan relations after that incident. (-_-)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    to be fair I think this garage kit was designed before news of Hasbro's Drift toy was announced - and yeah, this is news to me! If I were Hasbro I'd probably just send them a letter telling them to desist rather than throwing legal weight around. I'm sure Hasbro wouldn't want to repeat Takara's mistake with that fiasco at BotCon Japan 2000. It took both Takara and Ichikawa Hirofumi a lot of work for a long, long time after that to repair company-fan relations after that incident. (-_-)
    Never heard about this incident. What happened? or is there a link to details?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    What happened with the takara thing?

And... if you really want to be technical, idw/mccarthy unofficially said that there was going to be drift toy waaaaaaaaaay back when - definitely before the design of the cybertron version was seen around

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther