Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Knockoffs :(

I guess it means TakaraTomy is just as uncommitted to stock integrity as Hasbro. Even though TT run the factories on behalf of Hasbro, I would have thought they might be a bit more determined to protect their own product from leaking and being reproduced. Especially with such a quick turnaround, these would have to be KOed from early test runs that were discarded or smuggled out.

Shockwave has been KO'ed before tho. Aerialbots/Airbots too, might explain why the giftset doesn't come with a ramp and Shockwave's head has massive gaps in it with a miscolored gun barrel.

This thread is in the wrong section too.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Those pictures can easily fool people like me who just don't know what to look for. They looked just the same as the legitimate ones to me

How do they manage to create them so closely to the legitimate ones?

Quote Originally Posted by shazam View Post
    Those pictures can easily fool people like me who just don't know what to look for. They looked just the same as the legitimate ones to me

How do they manage to create them so closely to the legitimate ones?
    That is the big mystery because according to HasTak its so expensive that its just not workable.

Some of the KOs are as much on par with the original as a legit HasTak reissue.

This is absolutley F***ED!!!
    This really pisses me off, because now I have to be even more careful when buying figures, escpecially when Shockwave is one I don't own. The Barrel will be easy to spot though.

There's another version of Shockwave as well with the correctly colored barrel. I, too, thought that the purple generally looks more blueish.