Whichever method people wanna go with, try to be consistent within their own method. e.g. Devastator (G1): does he count as 1, 6 or 7? Up to you, but I reckon whichever rule you choose should be applied across the board for all your gestalts, regardless of whether you purchased them individually or in a single box set. Maybe if you keep the box sets sealed... but otherwise if they're opened, I say count 'em all the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
If it's for insurance , best to LIST EVERYTHING... while some may be counted as accessoies for a figure - I always counted Sixgun as an accessory figure for Metroplex, if you have him
Yeah, I suppose for insurance purposes you might want to catalogue them like TFU.info does... Sixgun, Scamper & Slammer aren't counted separately from Metroplex, but the page on Metroplex clearly lists/documents every accessory that he comes with - those robots, the building bit, the missiles etc.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
ALthough, I do deviate from UCM to form my own personal counting especially with minicons - most count them as "accessories" but I personally count them as a separate entity altogether cos they dont often need the larger figure anyways - as with the new sets of scout PCCs the basic scout is 1 figure coz even if they dont have the minicon - they're still a basic figure in both modes - mebbe gunless of whatever but still by itself a complete toy you can play with - a plane or a snow plow or a truck.... gunles robot mode but still a full robot. Same with the minicon - it may be a gun, or a drill but then Megatron is a gun and he's counted a s1 figure too. So I count the minicon as a separate entity. BUt this same logic I don't apply to Actionmaster partners.
UCM counts Mini-Cons separately dude (Article03). As you said, Mini-Cons have independent play value... you take Jetter - on his own he transforms from a robot into a supersonic jet. He doesn't need any other Transformer to be enjoyed with as a Transformer toy. The fact that he can merge with the rest of his team to form the Star Sabre and Powerlink with Autobots/Decepticons is a bonus feature.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
I used the UCM to count my toys while at the same time using my own method. I no longer use the UCM though.
If a Toy has sentience it's counted as 1 as in headmasters (Hasbro - not that I own any) or targetmasters. Drones don't count as 1, only their control bot as in PCC.
Heh, I used to use the Sentience method too when I was a kid. (back when I maintained a checklist on a Commodore 64, then later a 286 PC (with a VGA monitor! Made me the envy of my friends who were still using CGA and EGA monitors... then my godbrother got a Super VGA monitor and blew my mind away ) *rewinds.tape*

ROTF Devestator (supreme not legends) count as 1 even though each vehicle has it's own name. They don't have their own robot mode.
Agreed. You'd have to be pret-ty desperate to jack your collection count up to count those separately IMO. I couldn't be bothered making a poll about that set because there's only 6 of them - and considering that results are rounded to the nearest hundred in the primary poll, it's not really going to affect the results. There are gaps in the UCM like this where stuff slips through - but the numbers are so small that they wouldn't affect poll results anyway.

For me Headmasters and Targetmasters (and any other of that evolution) always counted as 2 as their partners had their own personality while Targetmasters had their own alt mode that didn't need the main bot like the Power/Headmasters did. Yes they are just a gun but so was Megatron.
Pretenders count as 1 but Actionmasters count as 2.
Hmmm... but are Action Master weapons/vehicles sentient though? My understanding has always been that they're not... at best they may have advanced A.I. but aren't actually sentient/self aware (at best they might be like say Jarvis in the Iron Man/Avengers film franchise -- artificially intelligent but not sentient).