Thread: BotCon Panels 10/12 - Gen1 Voice Actors (missed most)

Default BotCon Panels 10/12 - Gen1 Voice Actors (missed most)

As the convention dragged on and there were non-stop panels this year, I had to start sacrificing some panels to do other things (photograph and note details at the Hasbro display, photograph the art display and other displays, look for stuff in the dealer room for me and others, meet up with friends, etc). One of the first to be sacrificed was the Peter Cullen panel because it was the last of the day, and if I sat in on it, I would have missed access to the Dealer room completely on the Saturday. I really wanted to hear him at least a little, so was a bit annoyed that I didn't have time to pop in mid-way for a few minutes - there was just too much to do in the dealer room in the hour I had left for that day.
    Fortunately I had sat in on his panels 2 or 3 times at previous BotCons, but this is Peter Cullen, THE voice of Optimus... who wouldn't want to just listen to him talk in that voice? Sleeve said it well on his facebook photo page - 'I want to have sex with that voice'.

Anyway, I guess that's one of the good things about Fun Publications recycling the same guests each year - a regular like me would've seen them once before. The only new guest this year was Weird Al, and I at least sat in on that panel and got to say hello to him at the Saturday Panel.

So if you are wanting to read about Saturday 4pm panel with Peter Cullen, try doing a search on tformers, seibertron or tfw2005, to see if anyone there posted a review.

The same for the Sunday 10am panel with Gregg Berger (Gen1 Grimlock) and Michael McConnohie (Gen1 Tracks) - because I had so much left to photograph and write down from the Hasbro display, I came in 45 minutes late. Again, it was more important to record the toy info than sit in on a panel of guests that I had seen once or twice before. Would have been more fun to hear their classic Gen1 voices, but a job's a job...

The only thing I heard at the end of the Sunday panel before it ended that was note-worthy, was that Peter Cullen only got considered for the new movies because of the fans, and that if they want to see other things happen, they just need to continue to be vocal to those responsible in making things happen.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    but this is Peter Cullen, THE voice of Optimus... who wouldn't want to just listen to him talk in that voice? Sleeve said it well on his facebook photo page - 'I want to have sex with that voice'.
    I will never touch another fan's voice helmet now...