Page 17 of 481 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222737 ... LastLast

Thread: I need to vent!

hope it works out for ya, gonna need that room for more TFs!

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Sigma 13 View Post
    Well i got a call today saying the offer i made on the house and land was accepted. Thats cool so i head down to my local broker to organize some finance only to be informed that a whole bunch of lending policies have changed since my last visit at the beginning of the year. Must have had my head in the sand or something as all the changes occured as of July 1. So now Im in a predicament in that i have to raise a substantial amount of money if all is to go ahead. Bugger it all- i hoped it would all run a little smoother than this.
    Yea I know what you mean. My fiance and I decided "F*** it, lets go buy a house and get a homeloan, renting is a pain in the ass"
    I took a day off work coz I felt like it, we decided to go to Rams and ask about a homeloan, to tell us we came in just at the right time because they still had the "No-deposit" homeloan offer going, and was ending just a few days after we were there. Luck was definately on our side, coz saving up a deposit is hard I can imagine.

Dont worry though dude, I'm sure it will work out for ya, just gotta hang in there

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Sigma 13 View Post
    Well i got a call today saying the offer i made on the house and land was accepted. Thats cool so i head down to my local broker to organize some finance only to be informed that a whole bunch of lending policies have changed since my last visit at the beginning of the year. Must have had my head in the sand or something as all the changes occured as of July 1. So now Im in a predicament in that i have to raise a substantial amount of money if all is to go ahead. Bugger it all- i hoped it would all run a little smoother than this.

Gotta get the house inspected too (havent told the agent yet) because the house is old and has been a bit neglected. We a re hoping to live in the house until my missus finishes uni (about 3 years) and then renovate it. So if the building inspector says stay away then the house will go back onto the market. The big thing that is luring us to this place is the large 2 acre block it is on and the houses old design (high ceilings/ roof, traditional style).

With four kids we need a lot of room!
    Hmmm I can picture that house now, high ceilings you say... large 2 acre lot. Sounds lovely! Twood suit a cottage style interior decor and a nice country garden at the back, plenty of space indeed for the kiddies. Hope all goes well VS.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

TheDirtyDigger Guest

I need to vent...

People that don't/wont/can't post pics in the acquisitions thread!
    Wtf is up with that? Nothing so lame and boring as reading someone's post..

"I got latest piece of common crap, moulded plastic from the same s#!+hole retailer and I can't be arsed showing proof or posting a pic so just take my word for it!"

At least if we're buying crap we could try to snazz it up a little bit with some freaking happy snaps! I'm sorry if I sound mean guys but c'mon...can't we put a little bit of effort into our show and tell?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    I need to vent...

"I got latest piece of common crap, moulded plastic from the same s#!+hole retailer and I can't be arsed showing proof or posting a pic so just take my word for it!"

At least if we're buying crap we could try to snazz it up a little bit with some freaking happy snaps! I'm sorry if I sound mean guys but c'mon...can't we put a little bit of effort into our show and tell?
    My 2 cents

In fact make a g1 acquisition thread so i dont have to sort thru 20 pages of s*#t to see something that remotely interests me

You can always start one yourself, and see if anyone actually uses it.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    My 2 cents

In fact make a g1 acquisition thread so i dont have to sort thru 20 pages of s*#t to see something that remotely interests me
    Agreed (or '+1' as they say).

It's be really nice for the purity of the elite G1 treasures to not be tainted by being in the same thread as the common munky/movie/modern....stuff.

+1 to the +1

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    I need to vent...

Well I post off my phone 99% of the time and can't be bothered with the time and data involved so show people pics of someting everyone has seen. If it is something not current maybe, or a first sighting I post but usually I just don't want to.

It still helps people who don't read/miss current sightings and I have been pmed about location befor.

It's funny I hate pics in the thread, do I really need to use data looking at another pic of the same toy I have seen in every second post.

Even without pics it is still start discussion.

+1 to both

Sometimes I want pictures sometimes I don't (usually when I'm on my crappy internet connection at home )