Page 202 of 481 FirstFirst ... 182192197198199200201202203204205206207212222 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post

Considering that a ridiculously large number of Aussies seem to go into what I dub "Armageddon Mode" whenever a public holiday rocks around, where people seem to rush to every supermarket in droves and buy up groceries like there is no tomorrow - I don't get it, are people unable to go without shopping for a day or something?
    (Maybe I've got too much of my parent's "Make Do" attitude? )
    HAHA,
    I used to work at coles and always dreaded the day before a closed shop public holiday! the inundation of customers was more often than not more than my store could cope with. I too found it amusing that so many people went into an "Armageddon mode" never heard it described like that before.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

bowspearer Guest

Apologies for getting on the soapbox, but after an incident at a train station today, I need to vent. Also before I go on, I want to be clear that I have no problem whatsoever with smokers who are considerate of others and this is not directed at them in any way, shape or form.

I suffer from a violent dust allergy where when it's set off, I range from feeling fluey, feeling drugged up, losing balance, getting violent ear aches and sympathetic chest pains to go with them. Passive smoke is one thing which sets it off.

So having read that, you will understand when I say that I am sick and tired of asking smokers to move away when they go to light up in non-smoking areas on trains and stations, or holding off on lighting up so I can move away only to have them ignore it and quite literally make me sick by lighting up right next to me anyway.

When smokers to that to me and other people in my situation, they are literally deciding that they don't care who they hurt and only care about their next drug hit, they're no better ethically than a herion junkie stealing from a little old lady to buy their next.

Not only that, but as discrimination on the grounds of illness is a legally recognised (making allergy sufferers technically a minority) and as they are completely invalidating the fundamental human right of health in favour of their own whim, they are effectively guilty of dehumanisation of a minority, which is the ethical foundation of every single genocidal regime on the planet- including the collonial settlers here in their treatment of our indigenous people.

Next time smokers want to light up they really need to ask themselves how their drug habit affects people and what steps they might need to take to make sure it doesn't, because either they control their smoking or their smoking controls them and turns them into a junkie displaying the worst in human behaviour. Only the way they act will answer that question.

But there is no protein in cigarette smoke.

bowspearer Guest

As I said, dust allergy. The dust in cigarette smoke is the size and consistency of cosmic dust (as small as you can get) combined with tar that makes it sticky. The upshot is that it blocks me up in both the ears and nose in no time flat when I'm around it.

Also not all allergies directly involve direct exposure to a foreign protein (ie allergies to cold- yes there is such a thing and a friend of the family has it).

Like I said I can understand why you are venting but it's a steep curve to genocide.

But I'm not a fan of lengthy debates so my response is whatever dude
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Best thing you can do is just move away. A sad fact that, but it's life. Don't like it/can't tolerate it, just move away. You can tell staff, but all they can do is tell them to stop as well, and if they don't, call security to make them stop. In most cases it won't even come to that.

taser guns
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    taser guns
    Guns that fire hundreds of TASERs?

Hmm....

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    taser guns
    Laser guns!

I would like to add something here
    I went to go see MI4 last night as I had a free ticket to see it, my gf was working and plus she hates tom cruise movies. I sat down and you got people talking in the ads which doesn't bother me at all, infact I ahd a conversation where I educated one bunch of kids about the hobbit movie as they said ohh it's lord of the rings number 4 lol.

But what happened during the movie was a bunch of kids sitting behind me were climbing all over hte seats and talking extremely loud and yelling out at people calling them soft c%nts and to top it off started to drop pop corn down my back! I had enough of it I turned around and warned them all and they then shat them selves and of course denied it. Well shortly after they started up again slurping very loud to the point you knew they were doing it to get at me, after 10 minutes and them starting to yell at people again I had enough of it. I grabbed my gear drink and munchies included stormed out and demanded to speak to the manager that very second. The manager came out with two other guys to kick the kids out.

After and during the event the cinema tried to make me feel very accomodated with a free drink and even security to walk me to where I had to pick my girlfriend up as she works in the same complex and to make sure I was not attacked by those kids. So I must thank them for their work and I will be ringing up event cinema head office and letting them know how good of a crew they have at that one cinema.
    Last edited by griffin; 22nd January 2012 at 12:15 AM. Reason: removed unnecessary descriptive