Page 204 of 481 FirstFirst ... 184194199200201202203204205206207208209214224 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    People who lack manners and social respect.
    or perhaps an understanding of Australian social norms.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

People who go 20 in a school zone when school isn't even back need to be removed from the road @________________@

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    or perhaps an understanding of Australian social norms.
    Basic manners are universal. I am pretty sure that the sort of antisocial behaviour expressed by some people would be seen equally as bad (or worse) in their own countries as it is here.

Like I said, I dont think that cultural or social differences are the problem but rather the quality of the people allowed in.
    Last edited by kup; 25th January 2012 at 07:21 PM.

Waits for Griffin to re enter thread with a coke & popcorn.........

You cannot genralise about an entire ethnic group as that is wrong. That said I have pretty strong opinions on this subject & having lived in Sydney for 30 years have had enough experience in life to make up my own mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
    Waits for Griffin to re enter thread with a coke & popcorn.........

You cannot genralise about an entire ethnic group as that is wrong. That said I have pretty strong opinions on this subject & having lived in Sydney for 30 years have had enough experience in life to make up my own mind.
    If you are referring to me, I am not generalizing an entire ethnic group, every race has good and bad people in it, we are all humans after all. I am simply saying that too many bad people have been allowed to come in and it's causing trouble even for the good people from those same cultural backgrounds as it gives them a generalized and undeserved reputation. If more of the good people from those same ethnic backgrounds had been allowed to come in and the bad people screened, there wouldn't be any problem at all.

I am sure Griffin will lock the thread soon enough due to the potential of people misunderstanding what is being said. Too many people read racism in any topic that happens to include a discussion in which ethnicity is part of the subject. Every human society has 'good' and 'bad' people in it, the concern is about too many of the the bad coming in instead of the good.

If you are referring to me, I am not generalizing an entire ethnic group, every race has good and bad people in it, we are all humans after all. I am simply saying that too many bad people have been allowed to come in and it's causing trouble even for the good people from those same cultural backgrounds as it gives them a generalized and undeserved reputation. If more of the good people from those same ethnic backgrounds had been allowed to come in and the bad people screened, there wouldn't be any problem at all.

I am sure Griffin will lock the thread soon enough due to the potential of people misunderstanding what is being said. Too many people read racism in any topic that happens to include a discussion in which ethnicity is part of the subject. Every human society has 'good' and 'bad' people in it, the concern is about too many of the the bad coming in instead of the good.

God no I was not referring to you. I was tempted to quote you as I agree completely with what you are saying actually. I was stating in general you cant genralise. I take people as they come & that forms my opinion of them.

I was laughing because I have seen the way any sort of potential political/racial/contrioversial discussion tends to get treated with the iron fist in a steel gauntlet kind of manner. I completely understand why & this board is to discuss transformers I spose

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy_josh View Post
    I was at the bank the other day and one guy got up set because he refused to tank his helmet off, they could see his eyes but his reason which I felt was fair was "If she can wear that cloth and not get demanded to take it off why can't I wear my helmet as it's a pain to put back on sometimes!"
    This anecdote sounds oddly fictitious. Like something Alan Jones would make up to sell a product or his point of view.

What can I say it happened, just like the guy who walked into court wearing a burqa to prove a point that you cant allow them to be worn in places like that because it is a security risk, you never know who is underneath it.

yeah i dislike that whole covering your entire body except your eyes thing.

...I am not generalizing an entire ethnic group, every race has good and bad people in it, we are all humans after all. I am simply saying that too many bad people have been allowed to come in and it's causing trouble even for the good people from those same cultural backgrounds as it gives them a generalized and undeserved reputation. If more of the good people from those same ethnic backgrounds had been allowed to come in and the bad people screened, there wouldn't be any problem at all.
    So true but I guess here we are facing a problem no one knows really how to solve it. Too many elements are involved in drawing up an immigration policy and sometimes it seems like whatever it is it's not right. For example on one hand you have people campaigning for the government to allow refugees into the country -- out of humanity obviously, which is one of the many virtues Australia has and most other countries in this world are lack of; but on the other hand allowing in refugees will cause what kind of social problems we don't know, by doing that what cost will the society as a whole end up paying, are we really achieving greater equality or on the contrary, simply making the society even more unfair but under a glorious excuse.

One of those things that always seem like there's no good solution, and that we'll probably only get to see the right answer after making innumerous mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy_josh View Post
    What can I say it happened, just like the guy who walked into court wearing a burqa to prove a point that you cant allow them to be worn in places like that because it is a security risk, you never know who is underneath it.
    As someone who works in a bank I can vouch for that. If that's what he wears walking into where I work, that's the request he'll get from the security for sure.