Page 205 of 481 FirstFirst ... 185195200201202203204205206207208209210215225 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Quote Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
    I was laughing because I have seen the way any sort of potential political/racial/contrioversial discussion tends to get treated with the iron fist in a steel gauntlet kind of manner. I completely understand why & this board is to discuss transformers I spose
    Because people, when on the internet, are less concerned about upsetting others with their opinions, are more likely to be abusive than if they were in person and never back down, and rarely kiss and make up afterwards, resulting in lingering grudges.
    This local community of Transformers collectors is too small to have avoidable divisions. Before we had this "iron fisted" approach, unresolvable topics would degenerate into a brawling chaos. And trying to put a stop to it when it started getting abusive, was often too late, as it already gives us a bad image to newbies and guests, and just drags the staff into the firing line for stepping in. Measures had to be taken to ensure the survival of this site and its inviting image.
    I see no reason to jeopardise the continuing operation of this site, or the enjoyment of those here (both involved and bystanders), just so that some people can exercise a perceived right to say whatever they like, no matter who it may upset or insult.

This isn't criticism towards you, this is just pointing out to everyone, why we have this policy here, to keep all unresolvable topics to sites that cater for it (or your own blogs). That way, we can focus on Transformers here, for the dedicated members to rely on, and inspire newbies & guests to join in for that purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    This isn't criticism towards you, this is just pointing out to everyone, why we have this policy here, to keep all unresolvable topics to sites that cater for it (or your own blogs). That way, we can focus on Transformers here, for the dedicated members to rely on, and inspire newbies & guests to join in for that purpose.
    Very true. The only type of discussion here on race etc should be how superior the Decepticons are.

Very true. The only type of discussion here on race etc should be how superior the Decepticons are.
    But they are the same race as Autobots. Their division is more on ideology like Communists vs Capitalists.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    But they are the same race as Autobots. Their division is more on ideology like Communists vs Capitalists.
    what about Decepticons made by Decpeticons, its in there programming

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    what about Decepticons made by Decpeticons, its in there programming
    But the same could apply to children born in communist families.

Ideology of the Autobots and Decepticons is always worthy of discussion, especially with the way IDW has now made out Megatron as a hero of the worker class instead of a tyrant dictator who gathered together a band of criminals and terrorists to do his bidding.... but in this instance, I think Prowl was just posting a tongue in cheek comment.
    I'll move posts to create a new topic if there is interest in it.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    yeah i dislike that whole covering your entire body except your eyes thing.
    When I was in Kyoto I saw quite a few people who were dressed almost entirely in black revealing nothing but their eyes. They were also armed and violent too!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd7HJbQLe5A

I can see how badly Megatron's gunfire has damaged your circuit our most valuable autobot Prowl
    Last edited by Arcee; 27th January 2012 at 12:57 AM.

I am a strong believer in the Decepticon cause too, but that wasn't enough to stop my Decepticon badge on my car from flying off while going 110 on the highway

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    I am a strong believer in the Decepticon cause too, but that wasn't enough to stop my Decepticon badge on my car from flying off while going 110 on the highway
    Probably beacuse your Decepticon Bagde wasn't an official Decep badge. REAL Decepticon badges are too tough for anything the Earrth can throw at it