Page 231 of 481 FirstFirst ... 211221226227228229230231232233234235236241251 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

I haven't bought vintage TFs from ebay for a couple of years. It was also bad but things are now sounding worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I agree with you 100%, eBay is not what it once was because every Tom, Dick & Harry thinks that they're crap is worth a mint and they're owed a fortune but whom clearly have very little understanding of how to conduct themselves as a Buyer/Seller or how to actually do any proper research.
    For sure - many sellers think they have goldmine based on other listings. They fail to realise you actually need buyers! Just because someone is listing an item at $X doesn't mean that whats its going to sell for.

If its something I do want and the seller is asking a stupid price I just message them every time the item gets relisted. The current item i'm after has been on ebay for over 12 months and only in the last couple of listings has the seller started to drop his price!

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    If its something I do want and the seller is asking a stupid price I just message them every time the item gets relisted. The current item i'm after has been on ebay for over 12 months and only in the last couple of listings has the seller started to drop his price!
    Interesting tactic... what do you do if someone values it a lot higher than you do and they're willing to pay the inflated price? If you've been sitting on it for the last 12 months, I'm assuming that it's a relatively rare item otherwise you probably could buy it for the price you're expecting to get it at from another seller. I hope you don't miss out.

Unfortunately eBay is a necessary evil for those starting out collecting vintage.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Interesting tactic... what do you do if someone values it a lot higher than you do and they're willing to pay the inflated price? If you've been sitting on it for the last 12 months, I'm assuming that it's a relatively rare item otherwise you probably could buy it for the price you're expecting to get it at from another seller. I hope you don't miss out.

Unfortunately eBay is a necessary evil for those starting out collecting vintage.
    heh I miss out then! There will always be another one or something more interesting. Heh just yesterday I went into get a key cut and the price was $8.50. It was an independant shop. I said $6.00 or I'm going round the corner to bunnings - next minute I was at bunnings! Now thats a bit extreme but when purchasing G1's I do a heap of price research and when it comes down to it its just a toy that is just going to sit on the shelf with the rest of my minions. The item im after isn't really rare - just MISB

Unfortunately for me, to track down the more obscure items, or *actual* rare items, ebay is still a necessary evil... but I don't use it as often as I used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    For sure - many sellers think they have goldmine based on other listings. They fail to realise you actually need buyers! Just because someone is listing an item at $X doesn't mean that whats its going to sell for.

Yeah, there's a sheep mentality with people bumping up their prices to match a higher listing, or to that single sale to someone who had the money to burn.
    I've tried doing that same trick of messaging a person when their item sits on ebay for a while (some items I have on my watch list have not sold or moved in price for over a year)... but none ever sell. I think the greed and ego get in the way to accept a lower price (which would still be making them money if they bought the item at retail).

Seeing strange or poorly written English in non-English speaking countries like Japan is one thing... seeing bad English written on signage in an English speaking country like Australia is downright inexcusable. (-_-) Saw this just yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Seeing strange or poorly written English in non-English speaking countries like Japan is one thing... seeing bad English written on signage in an English speaking country like Australia is downright inexcusable. (-_-) Saw this just yesterday...

I have seen that a lot and it appears to be popularly accepted now. Expect it in the dictionary within a couple of years.

Perhaps a person with English as their second-language would have made that banner?

Operation Repo is the worst TV show in history. And yes I've seen Jersey Shore before. At least the latter has some heart to it unlike this pointless TV show

And you know NONE OF IT is real yeah?