Page 255 of 481 FirstFirst ... 235245250251252253254255256257258259260265275 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    The QC on MP Lambor is crap. It's a good toy, but the finishing is bad and the head sculpt looks warped.
    How much do you reckon the toy is worth? (i.e. what would've been a decent price to pay given its issues)

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    The pile drivers are included in both releases.
    Really? I wonder what's so exclusive about the Amazon version then.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Damned View Post
    cmon gok will you stop going on about then goddam recommended retail price for toys we get it you only pay the recommended retail price for toys not everyone know some one in japan
    If we're talking about a limited Japanese exclusive toy, then sure. But if we're talking about just regular store toys, then these are often available on Japan-based online dealers, like HLJ or AmiAmi etc. I usually use my Japanese contacts to get me exclusive stuff like MP Sunstorm, Amazon MP Lambor etc., but with non-exclusive Japanese toys I usually just order them through online dealers like everyone else. I currently have a pre-order for Encore Fortress Maximus through HLJ.

If Yukitora paid $96 for the Amazon exclusive, then that's understandable. I just don't know about paying the same price for the regular version though.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Damned View Post
    or can afford to get a toy at a certain time when it is cheaper and and that is all it is a recommended retail price doesn't mean that is what it will be sold for.
    Sure, but we're talking about a toy that only came out about two weeks ago. It's still very much a new release.

Coolgardie WA, but Townsville (the last 15 years)

I don't do amazon, so i don't know what you're on about.

I don't do BBTS either.

I might try the superion thing coming out, but no more MPs for me. I'll build my own tfs thanks. F-ckn ROADBOT had a better finish and car model, i should put a pic up side by side.
    And 'pile drivers' my ass, needs a pirate hook jammed into it. most wasted accessory i've ever seen.

n postage was like $14 or something
    Last edited by griffin; 11th November 2012 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukitora View Post

I don't do BBTS either.

I might try the superion thing coming out, but no more MPs for me. I'll build my own tfs thanks. Fuckn ROADBOT had a better finish and car model, i should put a pic up side by side.
    And 'pile drivers' my ass, needs a pirate hook jammed into it. most wasted accessory i've ever seen.

n postage was like $14 or something
    I remember a time when brand name meant quality. Nowadays, I am beginning to associate brands names such as Hasbro/Tomy and Mattel with poor quality and substandard service.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukitora View Post
    Amazon Japan sold what they claimed to be an exclusive version of MP Lambor that comes with the chrome pointy piledrivers that look like this, and the regular version is meant to only come with the flat black piledrivers that look like this. The Amazon version is meant to be produced in limited numbers and is only available through their web site, so they charge a higher price (about $96, but $53 if you preordered), whereas the normal version of MP Lambor is supposed to sell for $73.

But now Tober's saying that the regular version of Lambor also comes with the extra chrome pile drivers too, so I really don't even know what the difference between the two versions are! Might as well just get the regular version if it's the same but cheaper!

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your MP Lambor. Good luck with finding a buyer and recouping some of your costs in getting that toy. If you're not desperate for money right now, you might consider sitting on that toy for a year or so then later sell it for $96... that way you can break even and won't make a loss (or you can sell it for above that and make yourself a profit if you want -- depending on what the aftermarket price will be like). Good luck either way.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I got the Amazon exclusive version which is currently selling for 8000JPY ($97; they jacked the price up for an extra pair of piledrivers )
    Amazon didn't jack up the price for the pile drivers.

That 8000 yen price is from one of the 'marketplace' sellers. It often happens on amazon japan I have noticed, a preorder goes up and is soon sold out. Then on release date, you suddenly find that another place selling through amazon happens to have a lot of stock on hand of an 'amazon exclusive' but the price is almost double (or more) than the original.

I suspect the exact same thing has happend to amazon excl. Soundwave as well as a pre-order can't be placed on that.

It happend to US Excl. Unicron and is probably what happend to the G2 Combaticons as well.

Scalpers

I think the HK version may have come with the silver jackhammers, because I got mine from a HK source and it had the HK exclusive Coin (that comes with HK Hasbro's stock of JP toys) AND the silver jackhammers for $80. If you bought from Japan, you'd pay about the same amount for the toy with just the silver jackhammers.

Coolgardie WA, but Townsville (the last 15 years)

my $130 Victory Leo has more class! And his missing bits! lol

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    If we're talking about a limited Japanese exclusive toy, then sure. But if we're talking about just regular store toys, then these are often available on Japan-based online dealers, like HLJ or AmiAmi etc. I usually use my Japanese contacts to get me exclusive stuff like MP Sunstorm, Amazon MP Lambor etc., but with non-exclusive Japanese toys I usually just order them through online dealers like everyone else. I currently have a pre-order for Encore Fortress Maximus through HLJ.
    How much is your preorder through HLJ?
    23,840 is what they appear to have had it for, before they stopped taking orders.
    With dimensions of 400x600x225 and weighing at least 5kg, postage from Japan is going to be at least 8200Y.
    At today's exchange rate (which is ultimately irrelevant since you'll be paying March's exchange rate), that's gonna cost around $390 AU.

It's currently 21,457 at Amazon Japan so how come you're not getting your contact over there to post it? That'd work out around $360 AU.

Alternatively Robot Kingdom has it for $375 AU inc shipping which, since you pay up front is a price you can at least be certain of.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Amazon didn't jack up the price for the pile drivers.

That 8000 yen price is from one of the 'marketplace' sellers. It often happens on amazon japan I have noticed, a preorder goes up and is soon sold out. Then on release date, you suddenly find that another place selling through amazon happens to have a lot of stock on hand of an 'amazon exclusive' but the price is almost double (or more) than the original.

I suspect the exact same thing has happend to amazon excl. Soundwave as well as a pre-order can't be placed on that.

It happend to US Excl. Unicron and is probably what happend to the G2 Combaticons as well.

Scalpers
    Damn! That sucks! Although... I already pre-ordered my Amazon MP Soundwave ages ago. That cost me 12072JPY ($146).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I think the HK version may have come with the silver jackhammers, because I got mine from a HK source and it had the HK exclusive Coin (that comes with HK Hasbro's stock of JP toys) AND the silver jackhammers for $80. If you bought from Japan, you'd pay about the same amount for the toy with just the silver jackhammers.
    Looks like HK MP Lambor's the best value for money. Oh well, considering the discount I got on my Amazon Lambor, I'm not fussed if it doesn't come with the standard piledrivers (I wasn't expecting them anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    How much is your preorder through HLJ?
    23,840 is what they appear to have had it for, before they stopped taking orders.
    Yeah, 23840JPY.

With dimensions of 400x600x225 and weighing at least 5kg, postage from Japan is going to be at least 8200Y.
    At today's exchange rate (which is ultimately irrelevant since you'll be paying March's exchange rate), that's gonna cost around $390 AU.
    Yeah, I expect as much. I paid $300 for my MISB Brave Maximus and $100 for postage -- so I'm currently planning on saving $400 for Fort Max + shipping. So I am willing to spend within that range.

It's currently 21,457 at Amazon Japan so how come you're not getting your contact over there to post it? That'd work out around $360 AU.
    Basically using a contact does in some way inconvenience them, because they have to:
    + Use his own free time to get the toys for me.
    + Use his own money to pay for the toys until I can convert my money to Yen and pay him back.
    + Use his own free time and money to go to the post office and send the toy to me.
    + Use up space in his home to store the toys for me until I've finished paying for them and when he's acquired enough for me to say, "Send now!"
    ...all of which he does for NO profit, just out of kindness as a friend. I do send gifts as tokens of gratitude, but yeah, it's not his job and I don't want to "abuse" the friendship by getting him to buy every single thing I want from Japan. That's why I'll usually ask him to get me stuff that is only available in Japan and I can't easily get through online retailers. Yes, online retailers do cost a lot more -- I'm fully aware of this, but I'm not personally inconveniencing any of those people's lives by doing so.

I used to buy and send Transformers toys for overseas Transfans when I was living in Japan. So I know what a hassle it can be to run around searching and finding toys for other people outside Japan. Gawd... CD ROM Convobat vs Megalligator and Shadow Panther were so freakin' hard to find (and they were in the most demand since they were exclusives)!!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I remember a time when brand name meant quality. Nowadays, I am beginning to associate brands names such as Hasbro/Tomy and Mattel with poor quality and substandard service.
    I'm starting to worry about MP Soundwave. A bit more testing wouldn't go astray. Hope he doesn't have some stupid issues like MP-09 or this latest one (by the sounds of it) (maybe that's why his release has been pushed back)