Page 416 of 481 FirstFirst ... 396406411412413414415416417418419420421426436 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,160 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

When you buy Apple, you are buying into a brand. And for a lot of consumers that is all the difference.

Huawei apparently make the best bang-for-buck phones now. But try giving one of those to your 15 year old princess...

Sent from my unpretentious Samsung Note II
    Which brings us to where we are today...

I remember 10-15 years ago, people were hating all things windows/pc with a passion because they were lower quality and less reliable than apple.

Well, 25 years ago I bought an Apple Macintosh Quadra 950 for about $15,000 because I basically needed it, as Adobe/Aldus wasn't on PC back then. I ended up getting enough contract work to justify it, and it was a premium desktop for about 5 years.

15 years ago was when I made the transition to PC because there was no longer any point supporting Apple or SGI.

But don't get me started on Steve Jobs... even if he collected Macross and Transformers...
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    To each their own but I can't really change my point of view of them and it is really low. I can't help to think that people just buy them because they either don't know any better or want to be pretentious about it so they can show it off to their equally pretentious friends. There is certainly no value for money and the restrictions it imposes on the user (whether they realise it or not) is ridiculous.

So, by owning an iphone, you're saying I'm either a technological neanderthal or a pretentious twat? Oh, ok. I'll have to think about that and get back to you with which it is

I have far bigger issues in my life than the brand of phone you, me, or anyone else is using.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    When you buy Apple, you are buying into a brand. And for a lot of consumers that is all the difference.

Huawei apparently make the best bang-for-buck phones now. But try giving one of those to your 15 year old princess...

Sent from my unpretentious Samsung Note II
    Oh, the irony
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I remember 10-15 years ago, people were hating all things windows/pc with a passion because they were lower quality and less reliable than apple.
    Sorry but it seems those same people went on to buy iphones. To me PC was always where it was at. Apple once again provided products with limited potential.

Only one thing they were better at and that was graphic design.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    So, by owning an iphone, you're saying I'm either a technological neanderthal or a pretentious twat? Oh, ok. I'll have to think about that and get back to you with which it is

I have far bigger issues in my life than the brand of phone you, me, or anyone else is using.
    Perhaps you are in the more neutral side of the spectrum but nevertheless, I think when people buy iphones/ipads they are buying into the brand more than the phone as it is subpar, restricted and expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I don't understand the hate. They work. And work quite well.

Hating Apple must be what all the cool kids do these days.
    I disagree, I'm not cool and I don't like apple.

Although the old google is getting a bit too appleish and snoppy for my liking as well.

I dislike their operating system. And other little niggling things. But I don't hate people who choose to use it and don't think they are pretentious. Stupid, but not pretentious jk

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Perhaps you are in the more neutral side of the spectrum but nevertheless, I think when people buy iphones/ipads they are buying into the brand more than the phone as it is subpar, restricted and expensive.
    Not necessarily disagreeing here cause well... i don't have a mobile phone period, but i do have an older model ipod touch. It's probably restricted too but i wouldn't really know, i just use it for browsing the web, chat and checking email. LOL, not even MP3s now that i think about it. I don't consider myself "most people", since i work on computers a lot, i know more than the average person about working with this kind of device ... but even then, i don't give a shit what it does other than those 3 things, and have no desire to learn either.

So i imagine "most people" don't care either. That stuff + cheap games is all they care about, and there's hardly anything to differentiate Apple/others when you compare like that. Most people probably decide by what it looks like, what it costs, perceived "what's hot atm" factor. I think a lot of apple purchasers though have heard good stories about easy replacement as well (not to say other manufacturers don't do it just as good, just not as well known)

the nearest polling booth does not have a cake stall but the one a few km away does. woe is me.

I tried to purchase an album the other day but it's only giving me the zip folder with nothing inside it I emailed them hoping they can solve the problem soon. But seriously this is why people pirate, because some things are too hard to access.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures