Page 14 of 481 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192434 ... LastLast

Thread: I need to vent!

Quote Originally Posted by Dylbot View Post
    I'm finally getting him tomorrow! He's a Australian Silky Terrier, and I have decided to name him Hamish. I know, I didn't name him after a transformer I'll take pics and post them tomorrow afternoon.
    Oh that's good to hear! Aussie silky terriers are pretty hyper and active as well, so make sure u have enclosed area for him to run and toys to let him bite otherwise he's gonna chew your shoes and stuff.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    On the topic of housing vents, I just ferried over from Tassie yesterday to check out houses for a few days, I get into Deakin uni Burwood about half past 11, see a great house ad being put up ($110 a week inc. bills and internet - bargain and according to the guy putting them up it's not even that overcrowded!) and call the landlady, only to find out it's just been filled.
    If only I hadn't just missed the bus from Box Hill, if only my friend who lives next to Burwood campus had been able to put me up for a few days, if only I'd come over one day sooner...if only if only if only.*sigh*
    Kinda reminds me of that movie Sliding Doors.

Quote Originally Posted by shazam View Post
    Kinda reminds me of that movie Sliding Doors.
    reminds me of Aqua's song if only I could turn back time.
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
    reminds me of Aqua's song if only I could turn back time.
    reminds me of Cher's If I could turn back time

On another note it's my turn to vent:

Have you ever felt that sometimes a person you thought of as a friend maybe doesn't quite feel the same way as you? Anyway I felt silly because I bawled my eyes out last night to the other half - that was how much it hurt me. And it didn't help that I was an ultra sensitive person and being a girlie too I reserve the right to be in that category.

Let's call him the random kid in school. You don't really know him well but you chatted on a few occasions, he gives you his lunch sometimes when you have no money for food and says that you can pay back later. You thought hey, that's really nice of him and you actually start to think of him as a friend, you ask about his school stuff, you chatted about the car he's buying and a bit on his personal life etc...

Then something happens, the random kid runs into some trouble. He suddenly stops communicating, you wonder what's wrong.

Then of course in every school there's Mr.P and Mr.I, is every person's best friend because they are always helping anyone in need, and to put people back into perspective when they are wrong. No harm in doing that at all, but maybe just sometimes they don't realize their tone might come across as somewhat targeting and over powering. But then again, everyone's used to it and understand what they mean anyway

Anyway back to the story... And so Mr. P and Mr. I tried their best to help the random kid solve his trouble, but no one heard from the kid himself and so of course misunderstood Mr.P and Mr.I for wanting to make decisions on his behalf. At first I guess I sounded a bit offensive when I finally talked to the random kid. Then over night I thought it through and think to myself hey he must have some problems and won't be so harsh, so I contacted him the next day and told him to sort his trouble out in the way that works for him.

I also gave a gentle note that Mr.P and Mr.I might be trying to make decisions on his behalf as I didn't know better, I finally asked him later if there was anything wrong at school or personal life and was he ok. Never got a reply or whatsoever. Not that I wanted any acknowledgment or whatsoever, hell no! I didn't do anything. But I just felt like the dumb fool who tried to care and never even got any word back. Just plain naive I guess, something I should have learned ages ago...

Anyway this is not in anyway to dig anyone, it's a topic for venting and so a venting is just what I'm doing.
    Last edited by JuzMel; 30th July 2009 at 03:06 PM.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Quote Originally Posted by JuzMel View Post
    Gosh u are really taking this the wrong way!

The whole topic isn't about Mr. P or Mr. I okay? It was about the random kid not replying.
    I get where you were coming from, it has happened to me before.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Sigma 13 View Post
    I think its about time to buy a house (going to look at one tommorrow).

Its pretty scary really but i feel it is the best decision for the family. Life has been pretty cushy until now and im a little nervous about tightening the belt.

My collecting's probably going to suffer unfortunately too- not taking this concept very well...
    As for me Im single as well, but Ive mapped it out well ahead that I got most of what I wanted in my collection (g1s) before I delve into the mortgage flow. It has indeed impacted in my collecting as half my salary automatically goes to my mortgage, but instead of a ball and chain as kup has said , I treat this as my biggest acquisition and is my pride and joy to own my own house. I made sure i got a lot of advise and help from my relos as it can get pretty stressfull for first home buyers. Not to mention everything looks rosy or scary at the same time. So an objective eye from a close concerned relo helps bring out points you may miss out in looking at houses. Dont settle for anything less. i almost did, good thing most of my relos were there to point it out. I had a look at 12 houses before finally deciding and spotting this one Im living in right now and am very very pleased with it. Got it for a lower price as well coz one of my relos kinda has a way with persuasions.

best make a list of what you expect and things you need to expect - plumbing, elctrical outlets, hot water system, rooms, any carpets etc. A lot of houses for sale are "cosmetically" enhanced to sell... learn to look past the new paint job and see what is underneath, are the cracks somewhere, any molds in the insides of cubboards , check under the sink etc..
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

My perspective comes from someone who is completely alone in this regard and intends to remain single for life. I have no relatives, or contacts so everything would have to be done by myself. Then I have to work for 20+ years to pay off a mortgage at great cost to my enjoyment of life. Once the house is paid off I find myself as an old man and as I grow older I probably would have to consider selling the house so that I can go to some retirement village as there is no one to take care of me.

Now if I don't go for a mortgage and rent, I have the flexibility of living wherever I want based on my wage and able to put much greater savings into my account than if I had a mortgage. I continue renting for 20+ years with enough money to enjoy my life and contribute to my savings. By the time I get old I have enough money saved up to go to a retirement village to live the rest of my life confortably.

The way I see it from someone who is completely single, no family and has no interest in having lots of investments (where would it go after I die?) - both methods get me to the same ends but one gives me a richer stress free life with more freedom to enjoy life while the other makes me more of a slave to the mortgage.

Now I understand that I could be completely narrow minded on this so I would very much appreciate someone who can enlighten me and who can give me me their point of view on why one of these ways is better:

a. Work your butt off for a mortgage at the cost of your enjoyment of life and then having to sell the house at your old age to retire to a retirement village but with good money in the bank to support you until the end.

b. Having enough financial freedom to enjoy your life as much as well as contribute strongly to your savings and then have more than enough money saved up to retire to a retirement village with more than enough money to sustain yourself until the end.

Naturally method 'a' would give me much greater 'riches' in the sense of what my state is worth but at the cost of much of my life as I have to dedicate many years to a mortgage which the investment will mostly stay in the bank anyway and doesn't impact my standard of living all that much. The other method gives me the same standard of living but with less riches in the bank but still enough to live the rest of my days confortably and not disimilar to the guy in method 'a'.

Edit: Keep in mind that my way of life does not include anyone else. So when I die it all goes up in smoke as there is no one to 'leave' anything to so it doesn't matter what my investments are worth.
    Last edited by kup; 30th July 2009 at 06:36 PM.

Kup, did you just spontaneously appear on earth one day? Am i reading it right, you have no family at all?!

You're gonna be working your butt off no matter how you break it down, so it's just a matter of what you want to spend it on.

At least if you have a partner you can share the wealth/costs. And if you have a partner, your needs change - i've been renting for 5 years and we're readying to buy a house soon - the mortgage cost won't be a whole lot more than our rent. Some people's enjoyment comes from having a house and living a family life, so it's not necessarily at the cost of any enjoyment like you say. And lord knows i need more space for shelves and shelves of toys!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post

Edit: Keep in mind that my way of life does not include anyone else. So when I die it all goes up in smoke as there is no one to 'leave' anything to so it doesn't matter what my investments are worth.
    Remember old friend , im more then happy to inherit your collection.