Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
Nah, people just need to learn to shut the phuck up during a movie.
Sit there like a statue. Eat your popcorn. Have a drink. I'm not paying money to listen to your excrement of a kid cry or your thoughts during a movie.
↑THIS SO MUCH

If a person is incapable of sitting quietly through a movie then they're NOT ready to watch movies in a cinema. Simple as that. It's a public space that's acoustically designed to transmit sound, meaning that any sound that's made traverses farther than in a regular room or chamber. That's why sounds like even whispering and chewing becomes more audible. I personally don't mind the sound of food, but I know other people who can't stand it. I try to minimise my eating/drinking noise though; chewing with my mouth close is just a given, and I'll pop open plastic wrappers before the movie starts. With things like chips I'll widen the opened part of the packet as far as I can so as to minimise any scrunching of the wrapper. Again, the sound doesn't bother me at all, but I do it out of consideration for other audience members who haven't paid money to listen to me ruffling through a pack of Burger Rings.

After I watched Rise of Skywalker, my mates and I sat down at the foyer for a really long time to debrief about the film. We did all of our talking after the movie, not during it. Same with when I watched Frozen 2 with my daughter. Neither of us said a word throughout the entire movie but we talked about it afterwards. It's not that hard. As I said before, we never took our daughter to a regular cinema until she was able to sit through a whole film without speaking, which was the same time that she started Kindy. Before then it was either the drive-in cinema or we just waited for the home video release. And I know others who will take their infants to bubs sessions.