Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First pictures of Takara's MP USA Starscream

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

To Hasbro's credit, they did a commendable job with their Starscream - there's really not that much to improve on. The one thing I'd most like to see improved - and am curious to see if Takara has improved on this - is the paint apps on the breast missiles (which was completely lacking in the Hasbro version).
    Got to agree here, the weathering and "damage" does not detract from the figure much at all.

As kup said, Hasbro's MP Starscream was available here as a TRU exclusive (apparently it's a Wal*Mart exclusive in the US). They were easy to find before Xmas, but since then they've become quite scarce.
    Really? I only ever saw 3 figures, and nabbed one, a week later the other 2 figures were gone as well. The other TRU I visited in-between had no figures at all.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

To Hasbro's credit, they did a commendable job with their Starscream - there's really not that much to improve on. The one thing I'd most like to see improved - and am curious to see if Takara has improved on this - is the paint apps on the breast missiles (which was completely lacking in the Hasbro version).
    Considering Skywarp doesn't have coloured breast missiles, I wouldn't be too optimistic, but who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by foor View Post
    Very nice. Wanna pick one up myself. It's too bad that will never be available locally in Australia.
    There was a dozen Screamers at Morley TRU in Perth but they only lasted about a day on the shelf, I was lucky and managed to nab one of the few remaining and that was less than 24 hours after someone had posted here on the board of sighting them. Scalpers I say.

Takara's USA editions are usually just that - Hasbro toys in Hasbro packaging. With a sticker.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same thing as the one we saw in local TRUs.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by darrock
    i thought MP USA starscream WAS a repaint?
    kup said "random" repaint. Hasbro Starscream is by no means random, but a very well planned and intentional repaint of MP Starscream to make it look more G1.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks
    Really? I only ever saw 3 figures, and nabbed one, a week later the other 2 figures were gone as well. The other TRU I visited in-between had no figures at all.
    I saw about 15 at TRU Parramatta. So many that I put off buying the toy at first, thinking that I might wait for the Takara version, but every time I went there I'd look at the toy through the packaging and eventually decided that it was a decent enough repaint, caved in, and bought one. There were still plenty left when I did and shortly after. It was only after Xmas that I haven't seen the toy since.

Quote Originally Posted by darockk View Post
    i thought MP USA starscream WAS a repaint?
    "Random Repaint" Hasbro MP Starscream was certainly not a random splash of colors

Edit: looks like Gok and I posted at almost the same time
    ________
    Valium Rehab Forum
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 03:18 PM.

this is the second non-micro toys i would neva get, but dont think i would be getting it anytime soon, even though i know the price will appreciate
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

I saw about 15 at TRU Parramatta. So many that I put off buying the toy at first, thinking that I might wait for the Takara version, but every time I went there I'd look at the toy through the packaging and eventually decided that it was a decent enough repaint, caved in, and bought one. There were still plenty left when I did and shortly after. It was only after Xmas that I haven't seen the toy since.
    Bugger, whenever I go to Parra, there is very little there!
    Penrith TRU used to be a great store to go to, as it was where they would send all the leftover stock from other stores! Really wish i hadve gotten more $35 Alt Jazz's though.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

foor is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    There was a dozen Screamers at Morley TRU in Perth but they only lasted about a day on the shelf, I was lucky and managed to nab one of the few remaining and that was less than 24 hours after someone had posted here on the board of sighting them. Scalpers I say.
    No Toys R Us up here in Darwin, only crappy Super Toyworld, But really? They got an Australian release and I missed it? Sold out in a day?

Urge to kill... rising....

Well you didn't miss much really. If you order a reasonaly priced one from overseas like this one on eBay it would cost you about AU$95 which is how much TRU were selling them for anyway.