Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112

Thread: TF2 - ROTF Movie reviews and comments.

I saw it at normal cinema on opening day. some of the same things bothered me mentioned by others but i liked it and want to see it again. Maybe in IMAX...

Geez. How quickly did this thread die.

Anyways, this weekend appears to be the last opportunity to watch TFs at IMAX for those interested.

I fear I'm going to be dragged in again. I want to see it maybe one more time but was thinking maybe top of August... not so soon...
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

greater union has it for $10 a pop for movie of the week... http://www.greaterunion.com.au/movie...w.asp?news=785
    i might do it again

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Geez. How quickly did this thread die.

Anyways, this weekend appears to be the last opportunity to watch TFs at IMAX for those interested.

I fear I'm going to be dragged in again. I want to see it maybe one more time but was thinking maybe top of August... not so soon...
    Last opportunity huh?

Tempting...

I rewatched the movie on Saturday night with a guy friend who'd watched the cartoon as a kid and had some toys but has been otherwise no knowledge of TFs apart from watching the first movie. And whatever he picked up from me in the past few months trying to explain why I'm still collecting them.

It was interesting to see someone's reactions who's not a Transfan and who knew nothing much about the film at all going in.

He got confused between Sideswipe and Sideways (seeing Sideswipe returning to NEST base he asked wasn't that car just destroyed?).

The kitchen transformers made him laugh, and actually he laughed at many of the jokes including ones I'd rolled my eyes at the first time.

The violence in the movie shocked him and it made me realise I had been a bit blind to the number of human deaths that occur in the film. Even though the newscast does say 6 or 7 thousand people die when the Fallen and the other Decepticons come to earth, it never really registered to me. I'd also not noticed Devastator sucking in a few of the locals either the previous two times I'd seen the film.

The thing that really blew him away was Optimus Prime 'combining' with Jetfire. It made me think how that I never considered that as a big moment. In my mind Prime's been merging with something into a super robot mode since 1988 and pretty much consistently this decade. Plus the ROTF Prime keychain had showed me it was going to happen in the film.

Overall he liked the film but feels he needs to rewatch it.