Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: TF2 - ROTF Movie reviews and comments.

oh and don't get me started on the "apprentice" crap!

I thought Megatron should have been happy that the Fallen was killed so he can take his place...

Lackey...

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    oh and don't get me started on the "apprentice" crap!
    Yeah, I was pissed at that too!

where were the Actionmasters?!

where were the Turbomasters?!

where was the Cybernet space cube?!!!

well i think i hyped myself up a bit too much for this film which can ruin it all in itself but i did walk out of the cinema with a massive smile on my face.

It did tend to drag on a bit it some spots and some of the humour wasnt actually that humurous(like the first film) but overall a very enjoyable film i'll see how i feel after the 2nd time i see it when im not all hyped up

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Dissapointed, its not a bad film, I just think it didn't do anything better than the first. Bumble Bee who WAS the first film didn't do squat in this, Devvy was grossly misused, Fallen didn't live up to his pedigree, and Megatron Bows to NO ONE!

Still, they did a top job with Starscream!
    Long Haul looks f'ing badass.
    A Wheelie who doesn't suck!
    A Jetfire who I like!
    The Twins were almost ok! (they actually remind me of my brother who is going through a "gangsta" phase, damn kids)
    My sentiments exactly!

All in all not a bad movie, but nothing brilliant either. I was annoyed that once again the robots took the back seat to the us military/human fluff, and suffered a severe case of underdevelopment. There were plot holes and deud ex machinas all over the place, and don't get me started over Devi's pitiful demise.

On another note, the whole multiple Constructicon thing confused the hell out of my friends. (Those not so educated in TF lore.) One comment went something along the lines of "WTF, didn't that big mining truck dude just form the monster thing!?" I found myself having to explain a lot of things over fish and chips after the movie.

Of course the action scenes=mind numbingly awesome. My brain is still a puddle of goo... and thats a good thing. Props to ILM who outdid themselves again.

That forest scene.....WOW! Starscream's voice was unbelievably wicked. The "come here boy!" sent shivers down my spine. Very cool.

It was also nice to see Megs and Screamer at each others throats agian.
    Long Haul is now undoubtably my fave movie 'former design. And Prime was truly the king!

actually one thing i loved about the movie is that the Decepticons had different transformers for very specific purposes

I loved the movie, the visual storytelling was great, the only criteria I wanted from Bay was it had to be enjoyable, it was damn fun,the humour appealed to various groups, the moments of seriouness were cheesey and the onscreen errors were amusing similar to the charm of the G1 cartoon,while it maintained nods to the TF continuity. Bay IMO was a perfect choice, I went with an open regardless of the expectation of it not being an oscar winner.

Critcism
    Jolt no love what tha hell?
    Final Desert battle scene was lame and boring
    BB minimal interaction later on
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

I enjoyed the pop culture references , the scene of the Black Hawk (black hawk down) with the reference to the independence day speech by simmons, referenced to the scene in the garage to the actual guy who was in ID (the guy who talks to Mukaela while on the phone to Sam), little things like that
    lots in the movie!! Also loved the nod to the law of conversation of mass during lecture scene, also possible references in the aircraft museum , Ransack and original Japanese fighter plane? Ransack? Also lame was the dec. Protoforms did not take alt modes(I.e tanks and jets) the desert scene was useless, I wished there was more focus on the robots rather than on the human element of the fight
    Last edited by autobreadticon; 25th June 2009 at 12:23 AM.
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

multiple demolishers, long hauls and mix masters? so theres one of each to form devastator then ones on their own for the battle.

loved how optimus was actually a good fighter in this film compared to being thrown around last time.

Did not like how megs wasn't as much of an adversary to prime
    Did not like how soundwave had welker g1 soundwave voice without the soundwave robotic voice filter on it.