View Poll Results: Did you see it coming?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

48 87.27%
  • No

5 9.09%
  • Other (specify)

2 3.64%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: (HUGE SPOILERS) RotF plot poll (HUGE SPOILERS)

Wasn't hard to see that coming a mile off. Dies halfway through the film; hasn't faced the Fallen yet (which was in one of the previews, when the Fallen teleports in and everyone get knocked over); and hasn't combined with Jetfire. Of course he's coming back. Apart from Animated there doesn't seem to be a series when he doesn't die and get resurrected. Didn't stop me shedding a tear though.

I was put off by the way the humans treated his body too. The way they unceremoniously dumped him on the tarmac, it didn't seem reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeve View Post
    Apart from Animated there doesn't seem to be a series when he doesn't die and get resurrected.
    Actually, it only took Animated Optimus Prime about an hour to die and be resurrected. It happened at the end of Transform And Roll Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Actually, it only took Animated Optimus Prime about an hour to die and be resurrected. It happened at the end of Transform And Roll Out.
    Oh hell, it did too. Forgot because I haven't seen that episode in ages. Ol' Dying McPrime. So to reiterate, yeah, wasn't a surprise whatsoever he'd die and come back.

There was no doubt he would be brought back in my mind:
    a - Hasbro learnt the hard way 20 years ago about killing Optimus.
    b - Optimus Prime is the biggest marketting element of Transformers, so once again, Hasbro wouldn't allow for the permanent loss of that 'asset'.
    c - as BW Megatron once said 'you optimus' like sacrificing yourselves', so it is just something us old timers are used to now in Transformers. How many TFs series HASN'T had an Optimus die?
    d - Megatron was only just resurrected a few scenes earlier, spoiling the fear that their deaths are final. THe moment he died, I immeadiately thought of the other Cube shard bringing him back.

I did not see the overall plot coming but after Prime died I knew he would be back by the end - It's tradition.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Never in doubt!!!!

My God, it was one of the most obvious and poorly executed "surprises" ever. As soon as he died it was like Gandalf all over again - sad music, slow motion, close ups of Sam. You just KNEW he would be back later! And then, the last 50 minutes of the film deal with bringing Optimus back to life! I'm not sure how ANY person couldn't have seen it coming.

Let's not forget the classic line uttered by the Fallen himself... "Only a Prime can kill me"... duh, wonder who dat cud be?

I actually hate that fact that they resurrected him... it cheapens his death!!! If you're gonna kill him (and I'd prefer they didn't)... then KILL HIM! What's the point of all this fighting if they can just come back to life. Where's the bravery or sacrifice in that???!

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Prime's meat hooks were awesome in that fight.

Still would have been nice to know where the hell the Blackout clone came from.
    I get that they probably wanted to re-use the cgi model from the first film to get their money's worth, but the guy just appears from nowhere, and then dies, just so Prime could kill something before being taken out.
    My thoughts exactly on Blackouts re-use, given his scene in the first film was pretty big I reckon he was probably significantly more detailed than Brawl and Bonecrusher. I still he think he could have been slavaged, so I didn't really pay his return much heed. obviously there was significant Decepticon activity on earth.

As for Prime as Griffin said Prime sacrafices himself in every series, though this is his first time in live action. Well that's one less tribute we need to tick of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Never in doubt!!!!

My God, it was one of the most obvious and poorly executed "surprises" ever. As soon as he died it was like Gandalf all over again - sad music, slow motion, close ups of Sam. You just KNEW he would be back later! And then, the last 50 minutes of the film deal with bringing Optimus back to life! I'm not sure how ANY person couldn't have seen it coming.

Let's not forget the classic line uttered by the Fallen himself... "Only a Prime can kill me"... duh, wonder who dat cud be?

I actually hate that fact that they resurrected him... it cheapens his death!!! If you're gonna kill him (and I'd prefer they didn't)... then KILL HIM! What's the point of all this fighting if they can just come back to life. Where's the bravery or sacrifice in that???!
    +1

his death just screamed 'plot device!' Disappointing but not surprising!

The real question is "do you think there will be Transformers 3?"

everyone knew he wasn't going to stay dead

Everyone