Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Target Toy Sale Jul-23 to Aug 5

I went to Target Castle Hill today and the bloody manager wont match Big W's price for Jetfire! Even when i told her about Liverpool Target doing this.

She told me that its store policy that they would only price match if the other store is in the same centre and there's no Big W in Castle Hill.

I demanded that they show me this price match policy in writing but she said they do not have this in writing and asked me to refer to head office.

I just took a look on Targets website and there is no mention of price matching policy.

It really gets to me that some stores will do it and some won't. There should be some consistency and they really should have this policy in writing just as Myers, Kmart etc do.

I really looks like a store-by-store policy with Target, and in the case of one store in Perth, the policy changes according to who you speak to in the store.

The store at Carindale has now changed it's story to only price-matching for toys during their toysale (in 3 weeks), but when I showed them the photo proof of the Liverpool store, they didn't seem too sure what the current policy is. So they told me to talk to the store manager, who is away until Tuesday, because none of the other managers left in charge today were competant enough to give a definite answer on the issue.

Stopping off at Mt Gravatt Target, and being told that they don't price-match, but were under the impression that no Target does, I think I'll have to ring head office, or individual stores to see which ones do and which ones don't.

i asked this morning and For those in Western Sydney, Target Penrith will be opening at Midnight for the sale, Parramtta (and as far as the worker i asked knew) the others in Western Sydney will open at eight (8) am
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

foor is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Yeah, I stopped over at Darwin's only Target. In Palmerston. No go on the price match. I was even trying on different days to catch another manager but still the same response. Very annoyed.

Hey! Our man on the wild frontier is back!
    Bummer about the only Target you have access to, not price matching at all.

foor is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Hey! Our man on the wild frontier is back!
    Bummer about the only Target you have access to, not price matching at all.
    Thanks dude! Thought you forgot about me by now, so I just quietly tried to assimilate back in...

Quote Originally Posted by fatbot View Post
    i asked this morning and For those in Western Sydney, Target Penrith will be opening at Midnight for the sale, Parramtta (and as far as the worker i asked knew) the others in Western Sydney will open at eight (8) am
    Thanks for the heads up Fatbot, I advise those going to the Riff at midnight be ready to fight, those people from Penriff know how to barge and assault one another to get what they want.

Although Mt Druitt had little postcard type things of items set for sale in the toy sale that you could take to laybuy and get put away now (larger items like swings and the electronic ride in jeeps) so there would be no need to go to the sale... Clever idea if the idiots who go for those items alone took notice of it.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

the target that i work for (in the layby dept) we HAVE to get the customer to pay the $2.50 layby fee as the deposit - as in the past we have had our system go down due to the number of laybys being processed at the same time and because the laybys didnt have any deposit paid, our system deleted them - so yeah, at my store we have to process the layby fee as the deposit.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Fatbot, I advise those going to the Riff at midnight be ready to fight, those people from Penriff know how to barge and assault one another to get what they want.

I was out there on Friday afternoon, as soon as i got off the train, i remembered why i despise Penrith so bloody much! If i ever go back out there, I will be armed!
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Although Mt Druitt had little postcard type things of items set for sale in the toy sale that you could take to laybuy and get put away now (larger items like swings and the electronic ride in jeeps) so there would be no need to go to the sale... Clever idea if the idiots who go for those items alone took notice of it.
    this has happened with the last two toy sales - you used to be able to "pre order" some of the items (unsure of this year - yet to process any)

if any targets are open later during the week ie til 9pm the night before the sale, they usually have all the SPL's set up and you can get toy sale prices - eventhough they're not loaded into they system as the price is displayed
    so anything specific you want/need you should be able to get the night before

any q's let me know