Thread: Simon Furman and the JP Generations Vol 3 book.

Default Simon Furman and the JP Generations Vol 3 book.

Yes, you read that right... Furman is going Japanese, and will be writing the story for the third volume's 2-page comic. The 3rd volume comes out in August apparently, and he will post on his blog a translated version of the comic.

http://simonfurman.wordpress.com/200...ning-japanese/

After years of writing Transformers stories for the UK and US, I’m proud to announce I’ll be notching up my first all-Japanese writing credit, courtesy of Million Publishing, who produce the amazing Transformers: Generations 2009 magazine series. Volume 3 of said publication features an all-new 2-page comic strip story written by me with art by fan favourite Guido Guidi. Interestingly, and with a kind of uncanny synergy, the story idea I initially submitted to Million Publishing employed elements from the two previous manga strips (in Transformers: Generations 2009 #1 & 2), to such an extent we were able to fuse everything together in a way that continues and wraps up that storyline. I hadn’t even seen those strips, let alone understood them, when I first pitched the idea to Million, so it all fitted together oh so very neatly. Transformers: Generations 2009 vol 3 is out later this year. For more information check out the Million Publishing site here. Once it’s out, I’ll provide a file featuring my original script version of the dialogue, thereby negating the need for a reverse translation from the Japanese (translated) text. I’ve a feeling, otherwise, it could get messy!

Is there anyone who has either of the first two books, who can tell me whether the comics are worth getting? I was humming and hahing about buying a ghost starscream, and if they're any good it might be enough to tip me over the edge.

I didn't even realise the first two volumes had comics in them. I was too busy looking at the toy pic pages...
    The first one was in the same style as the Henkei comics, featuring Mirage (to match the mailaway toy), and the second one featured a ghost Starscream in the form of his coronation outfit (to reflect the ghost Starscream toy for that 2nd volume).
    I guess the third would feature the 3rd toy, but at only 2 pages, it probably doesn't have much plot (and is in Japanese as well).

I'm wondering what the exclusive toy will be for the third volume? The rumoured black repaint of Henkei Convoy? I'm hoping for a holographic Hound...