Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tom Hanks cameo in RotF. What Easter Eggs did you find?

Default Tom Hanks cameo in RotF. What Easter Eggs did you find?

Okay, so maybe Hanks doesn't appear in person, but he's there. I've been meaning to post this since seeing the film a couple of weeks ago and kept forgetting until I saw it again tonight.

Some of you may not know that Hanks is a self-professed Transformers fan/geek, and it has always surprised me he never scored a role of some sort in either film, considering his relationship with Steven Spielberg. Well they worked him into 'Revenge of the Fallen', albeit in a small way.

In the scene where Bumblebee is parked in the frat house garden, the first thing he says through the radio is Hanks' line from 'Apollo 13' - "Houston, we have a problem".

Later on when Sam, Mikaela, Leo, Bumblebee and the twins are in the abandoned courtyard, Bumblebee says two lines by Hanks from 'Forrest Gump'. The first - "If there's anything you need, I won't be far away", and the second - "There's some things you just can't change".

So there you have it, a Tom Hanks cameo. What Easter Eggs did you find?

when I saw one of the kitchen-bots I thought it was a sharkticon.
    It was the one that popped out from under the sink.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

I've been wondering if i was seeing things, but i could have sworn that one of the NEST guys with just a single line, was Shaquille O'Neal!

He's not on the IMDB page but i swear it looks AND sounds like him. I'm struggling to remember the part, because it just jumps to the NEST hanger or some place similar, and out again. It's around half way through i think, possibly after the forest scene.

Those aren't cameos. Those are just samples from movies owned by Paramount/Dreamworks. A cameo would be Tom Hanks actually re-recording his dialogue just for TF.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

I was just going to say, 'the sound clips would probably just be from Paramount Movies to get around licensing issues', but FFN already mentioned it. It's like the soundtrack - the songs available to be used on the movie and on the CD would be restricted to Universal signed artists, so that there isn't any need to get permission from other sources and agents, etc.
    But it is also possible that Hanks' dialogue clip was selected out of a batch of potential options, because of what you said sleeve - but we won't know for sure unless it is mentioned somewhere official. It would have been nice to see some cameos though, as a lot of famous celebrities would have had to have grown up with TFs and some would have had some fan-loving for the toyline, like Tom Hanks.

Fair point, gentleman. I'm still personally considering it a cameo.

darockk is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

If you watch real carefully, i'm pretty sure you see Ratchet make a cameo appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by darockk View Post
    If you watch real carefully, i'm pretty sure you see Ratchet make a cameo appearance.

Not really a cameothing, or an Easter egg, but was it just an optical ilusion or did one of the kitchen bots appear to have againt phalus cannon?

It wasn't an optical illusion. I noticed that first time around