Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Price Matching Policies for Australian Store Chains that stock Toys

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    New signage popping up at Myer, for their "price matching" policy, which is probably still the same, but now it remains vague and minimal, so that the staff or management can change the policy at their discretion (like at Target).

Its all in the wording
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Target's current price-matching policy: https://www.target.com.au/bestprice

I managed to successfully get a price match on a Studio Series deluxe by showing Kmart's listing on Studio Series deluxes.

Just an FYI, K-Mart do not match percentaged sale prices, or so they tell me. Was trying to match Big W's 20%, providing a catalogue page and online prices to verify that number, but no luck.

Target currently has a "list" somewhere with at least Big W and Myer's prices. I got them to match Kmart prices too just buy showing them the catalog on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Target currently has a "list" somewhere with at least Big W and Myer's prices. I got them to match Kmart prices too just buy showing them the catalog on my phone.
    Lucky you. That phone thing never got me anywhere in Sydney

Lasoo.com.au shows catalogues and sale prices.

I found a flyer at David Jones yesterday, which detailed a (new-ish) price-matching policy, that includes matching anything on a major competitor's website (which beats having to rely on them calling up a nearby store, and not price-matching if they don't have it in stock). Just be sure to have a tablet device on hand to show the competitor's website, and the DJs flyer with the matching policy detailed.

It's been a year since I updated this last, so need to go through it again some time soon.

Just adding in a photo of Target's current price-matching policy... which fortunately doesn't have any dating on it to say that it was just for a particular promotion or sale.

We should start posting up these sorts of photographic proof, so that it makes it easier for people to convince a store that they have (had) a price-matching policy, especially if it was an easy policy like this one.

I'm sure I had one from a TRU catalogue that I posted somewhere... but can't seem to find it now.

One from BigW that they had in their 2012 mid-year catalogue... that also doesn't say it is restricted to a date or promotion.

And in case David Jones ever starts stocking Transformers again, this was posted up by Jaydisc a couple years back...

I'll look at doing up a new resource topic of current price-matching policies, or maybe just add it into the first post post of this topic.

Just looking back from previous toysales - found the old Kmart price-match policy from 2008, which they don't do anymore...

'If you find a cheaper price on the same product in stock at another store, when you buy it from us, we'll match the price & give you 10% of the difference.'

One thing I don't get is the stores only match advertised prices? I mean, let's use a voyager. Standard RRP $38. It's that price at Big W, K-mart, where ever. I go to Target and it's on the shelf for $44, will they match it?

Technically it's not an advertised line, it's just always cheaper, so it doesn't go into a catalogue. It's just unhelpfully vague, no doubt purposefully so.

Yeah, Target once told me that they only match prices if the product is IN the catalogue. I tried to get them to price match w/ Kmart once, but Kmart's catalogue at the time had NO Transformers in it, which made the policy pretty much useless. So I went to Kmart and photographed the toy on their shelf (along with the TF cap and TF toy I was carrying with me (FoC Skywarp) in the same shot to prove that it was a photo I'd just taken and not something I'd taken from the net or someone else's photo) and then showed the picture to the lady at the customer service desk at Target. She called toys and the guy gave her approval to accept the price match.