Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: TFs Q/C problems archive (already damaged in the packaging)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Okay, time to post QC issues of the new Unicron.

Firstly, the the teeth in planet mode don't mesh together like they should, they are spike to spike rather than spike to groove. A bit silly. Maybe someone out there has the opposite to me and we can switch.

Secondly, his waist plate on both sides keep popping off with the slightest of touches. I fixed the one that was the worst, but the other one is still a tad loose.

Thirdly, the chest firing mechanism doesn't actually fire when the minicon is used in his back, it doesn't move out far enough.

Fourthly, his wings are really loose and flop around. As in they slide alll over the place back and forth, instead of staying in the one place whn you move him.

Fifthly, the minicon sits really loose on his peg in Unicron planet mode.

I'll bring him along to the meet tomorrow and show what I mean. I'll also take some photos tonight.

But these QC facts aside, he is still an absolute awesome figure.

I have nearly all the same problem. Only one waist plate has popped off twice, but now that I'm aware, I've been able to avoid it.

And yes, similar to you, even with these issues, I love the figure. I have no intention of transforming him too much. It's a pretty poor alt mode and an un-gratifying transformation, so I'm happy for him to dominate the universe at the back of my glass cabinet in robot mode instead.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    I have nearly all the same problem. Only one waist plate has popped off twice, but now that I'm aware, I've been able to avoid it.

And yes, similar to you, even with these issues, I love the figure. I have no intention of transforming him too much. It's a pretty poor alt mode and an un-gratifying transformation, so I'm happy for him to dominate the universe at the back of my glass cabinet in robot mode instead.
    He will stay in robot mode once I transform him back. And a solution to the waist problem, I unscrewed the grey part because it wasn't sitting flush with the rest of the piece. Shaved a bit off to make it fit better, then snapped it into place when I screwed it back on. Now it's pretty tight.

The wings are loose on the Armada version too - but they can stay in place if you position them (and the shell kibble) in a certain way. I never experienced any of those other issues you mentioned with my Armada Unicron though, so it sounds like there's been loss of quality with this new version - possibly through mould degradation (remembering that this would be the fourth use of the Unicron mould now).

Just got Wreck Gar, only to find after I transform him most of the way, he is missing a #*%$&%^ foot.

as mentioned on another thread, my RTS Perceptor had a big scratch down the left side of his face. Thankfully they let me exchange it and the second one I got was scratch-free!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    as mentioned on another thread, my RTS Perceptor had a big scratch down the left side of his face. Thankfully they let me exchange it and the second one I got was scratch-free!
    Why wouldn't they? It was a damaged product.

PCC Comander HeavyTread bought with stress marks where the gun barrel joins the tank. I dont think it can be seen on a MISC figure.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Got the Generations Springer today, and it suffers from some dodgy construction.
    One of the tailfins on the back of the feet has the pin pushed through the plastic NEXT to the hole where it is supposed to be.
    The arrow on the left is where the pin goes in, and the arrow on the right is where it was supposed to go.

As such, it is all loose and out of alignment. It doesn't affect the transformation, and can be ignored, but it is annoying. Especially when you consider that I bought two (one for someone else), and I opened up the faulty one for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    As such, it is all loose and out of alignment. It doesn't affect the transformation, and can be ignored, but it is annoying. Especially when you consider that I bought two (one for someone else), and I opened up the faulty one for myself.
    Murphy's Law.

My TFPRiD Ultra Magnus has a big silver smudge on his chin. I've tried rubbing it with rubbing alcohol, but with no affect so far. gamblor916 reckons I should just keep persisting. It's odd... other times when I've had this problem the rubbing alcohol takes it right off, but this time it's being one stubborn SOB!