Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: New Gen 1 designs for Jay Jay's tees - ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    I'd recommend going for greys, blues, red (even yellow) fabrics over black/white. Cheaper black cottons can tend to fade fairly quickly. Cheaper whites can end up a little yellowed without actually staining. Since you've already mentioned that you're limited by licensing costs, I wouldn't be surprised if you end up with slightly lesser materials to fit into the desired price.

The darker grey JayJays has used for some shirts (the Car Voltron shirt comes to mind) is more interesting that the standard grey cotton you often see on shirts, but won't suffer the fading of black cotton.
    The darker grey one is good, I got a Optimus one and Black Lion from Voltron on another, and they look good. Mind you I got them ages ago now, but they are still cool.

Darker blues and reds I would wear, not a big fan of the brighter colours. Suppose that comes from being a metalhead

Even black shirts with good black cottons tend to fade as well. I found a way to slow that down, try not to hang your black shirts outside on the line. Rather hang them inside on one of those collapsable lines. As someone with alot of black shirts, it helps.

hows about this

an awesome ww2 military one where megatron is versing optimus,
    megatron is blasting his cannon from the sky while optimus is dogding it and leaping in to punch him and on the top it says "ONE SHALL STAND" and the bottom " ONE SHALL FALL"

another design idea i had was for the sweeps, everyone loves them so how about a design where the sweeps clash their beams together into the words that say SEEKERS

one more idea i had was megatron with his cannon aiming forward and in writing you have " i am ALPHA and OMEGA, the BEGINNING and the END"

some what a refrence to the beast wars fans to so then you havea slightly bigger audience lol
    Last edited by Tommy K; 21st July 2009 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I've always wanted a Devastator T-shirt with the text "Prepare for extermination!"

Quote Originally Posted by DesignPrime View Post
    Thanks for the thoughts, i forgot to mention that due to the style guide restrictions we can only use the following individual characters:

Autobots: Prime, BB, Jazz, Hotrod, Grimlock
    Decepticons: Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, Devastator

What does everyone think of some tees that feature original cover art from the comics?
    You mentioned that your access to art was limited to Hasbro owned stuff - what sort of comic art do you mean? And are you still only allowed to use comic art that has the particular characters listed above?
    Also, if we wanted to suggest comic cover artwork, is it best to post up a link or scan of it for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I would buy the exact opposite of this.

I wouldn't touch anything with Pat Lee herpe... um... Dreamwave art, but any original Marvel art would be very tempting. And I agree with Paulbot - any IDW art by Trevor Hutchison would be perfect.
    I was thinking more of the Brad Mick, Donfigueroa artworks... not sausage hands Lee. They are considered to have come out during the Dreamwave era although I do like the artwork of Trevor as well - Propaganda style shirts, sweet!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Dinobots. Grimlock's been done over and over, it's time to let the other guys have a turn on shirts.

Pardon the shoddy drawings, but just some ideas ive mentioned earlier that I cant describe in words better to just to draw it . hope you guys dont mind

Well basically these 3 are it so far. I have some other ideas but .... i got lazy hehehe
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I would buy the exact opposite of this.

I wouldn't touch anything with Pat Lee herpe... um... Dreamwave art, but any original Marvel art would be very tempting. And I agree with Paulbot - any IDW art by Trevor Hutchison would be perfect.
    Agreed! I'm not a fan of the Pat Lee's style at all! I'm sick of seeing it on official stuff!

uh, what LP said....seriously, that's good stuff especially the first idea, I'm digging the cybertronian circuitry vibe. Black-on-yellow or red-on-white I think would be quite stylish.
    Again, kudos on the designs man!

somthing with a big picture of Megatron on it.