Page 185 of 215 FirstFirst ... 165175180181182183184185186187188189190195205 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2146

Thread: I need to share my joy! (aka the Happy Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    There is also very, very likely a Titan Wars Fortress Maximus coming too in 2016 (depending on your preference for original vs reimagined).
    Rumour is it will be a retool of Metroplex too
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    My wife is pregnant.

We're not telling anyone yet, but I thought it would be safe to post here.

I guess it's time for me to buy Fortress Maximus.

(Fort Max is officially on my list as "the last Transformer I will ever buy, the holy grail and the end of the quest", so buying it signals an end to my collecting, at least for now, to be able to focus on the baby. It probably won't be my last one ever, or even for now - that'll probably be Titans Return Sentinel Prime to finish off the WFC display. But it's a symbolic action)
    Congratulations Zommael! Don't listen to Golden Pheonix, kids are awesome! My 13 month old son is the highlight of my life. Prepare yourself for both the hardest, yet best thing you'll ever do.

The advice I give you is to listen to what people who have already been through this tell you. Especially when it comes to buying things. The world of babies is a trap of marketing. The amount of things they attempt to sell you that you don't really need and will never use is phenomenal.

It's a roller coaster that's for sure
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Congratulations, Zommael! You're welcome to post a newborn babe + Maximus size-comparison shot on the Parents Thread if you feel so inclined.

Also, don't be afraid to post any parenting questions or comments -- no such thing as a "stupid" question, as we were all parenting newbs at some stage.

------------------------------------------

I personally hope that TW Fort Max isn't a redeco of Generations Metroplex or even another Titan Class figure. I'd rather a Leader Class. My reason for this is because Fortress Maximus simply wasn't that big in the IDW comics. Or even the G1 Marvel Comics. Also, the problem with gigantic action figures is that it's really difficult to make them interact with other figures in toy play. G1 Fortress Maximus is one incredibly impressive play set, but he's actually rather ordinary as an action figure. One only needs to play with TF Jr. Fortress Maximus to notice this; TF Jr. Convoy and Chromedome are relatively more interesting figures. A Leader Class Fortress Maximus wouldn't be a playset anymore, but it would be a better action figure.

And I want Fort Max to be an action figure, because he was always portrayed as being more of an actual character in canonical sources compared to other Cityformers like Metroplex, who were really more like just big set pieces. I can more easily play with a Leader Class Fort Max as the <spoiler>Duly Appointed Enforcer of the Tyrest Accord </spoiler> than a Titan Class figure. It works well with Leader Class Ultra Magnus.

Great news there Zommael! Welcome soon to the club!

Ditto what Trent said. Take it easy with the baby stuff. There are some essentials but also a lot of near useless stuff. I once went to baby expos with wide glistening eyes looking at all the "amazing" products but will now go through with a hearthy meh.

Thanks for your comments everyone! Super excited but still very early on at the moment so keeping it on the down low (even from our housemate which is HARD because he's also our best friend).

I will definitely be getting the G1 Fort Max. I want the largest Transformer ever made, and by weight that's G1 Fort Max or some variant thereof. I'll put Megabolt in as his head and he and Metroplex can go to war.

Received my offer from the NSW police. I'm off to Goulburn in January. Feeling so excited.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Received my offer from the NSW police. I'm off to Goulburn in January. Feeling so excited.
    Congrats, Bartrim!

Congrats to Zommael as well!

Very happy for you dude.

Congratulations!!!
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

That's so awesome bro! Best of luck. You've worked hard for it.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Congratulations and good luck mate.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)