Page 189 of 215 FirstFirst ... 169179184185186187188189190191192193194199209 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 2146

Thread: I need to share my joy! (aka the Happy Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    Prepare yourself for a massive culture shock Mayza! Going from public to private you'll see some significant changes in how things are run. Hopefully they don't work you too hard!

It's quite difficult adjusting to the change at the start, but you'll get used to it pretty quickly.

I'm a uniformed member with Defence (used to work in a major private company) and one thing you'll appreciate immediately is the significantly reduced red tape, bureaucracy and turtle-paced approval processes. Things happen much faster in the private sector that's for sure.
    I will be consulting for a Government department, so sadly that red tape will be there.

Got to hear "Dare to be Stupid" performed live at Weird Al's concert last night. One less thing on my bucket list!

I didn't think it would be played since it's one of his more obscure hits. I think there was only about 3 other TFTM afficiando's in the crowd who appreciated this, the rest of the crowd sat in very subdued silence. Didn't help that the sound engineer at the Palais Theatre was awful and vocals were very much drowned out by music for the first half of the show.

I got a new job this morning, so I get to give notice at my current job first thing Monday morning. You wouldn't believe how relieved and happy I am feeling right now XD

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    I got a new job this morning, so I get to give notice at my current job first thing Monday morning. You wouldn't believe how relieved and happy I am feeling right now XD
    Congratulations I know the feeling, whats the new job?

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Congratulations I know the feeling, whats the new job?
    Same job (Spray Painter) but a different workshop and closer to home The place I am at now has been going through a lot of changes in the past year. Not all for the best especially the way they have been treating people and has been quite streesfull... but now I dont have to worry about that!!

Congratulations mate!!
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I love that feeling. Telling my former manager to go shove it during December in a retail job was priceless.

Same job (Spray Painter) but a different workshop and closer to home The place I am at now has been going through a lot of changes in the past year. Not all for the best especially the way they have been treating people and has been quite streesfull... but now I dont have to worry about that!!
    Good to hear! Hope it works out for you.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

i think i can feel the same hope i can get a new job closer to home as well especially you've got 3 kids

anyway congratulations !!!