So, my son is edging close to 3 now (in just under a month) and we have been teaching him to ride horses. He has a Shetland Pony which we have been taking to 'horsey shows' for a few weekends and he really seems to love it.

On Sunday we went to one an hour away; have been practising hard for two weeks for it. Since he's only young he is Led around an arena (by me) for the shows until he's independent enough to do it for himself.

We went in with no expectations but he CLEANED UP. We were gobsmacked. He won a ribbon in everything he entered and in the end we came away with 19 ribbons (majority 1sts, some 2nds, one 3rd and one 4th) and this included a Champion Pony ribbon and a Reserve Champion Rider ribbon. He competed in novelty events (like an egg an spoon race on the back of a horse) and he won those too! At the end an announcer told us that we should hang around for presentations; while there he was presented with THREE trophies!! Including the one for most overall points of anyone who competed!! I'll re-iterate, he's not even 3 yet!

We are both super proud parents!