Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UCS Millenium Falcon 10179 - ever seen in shops in AU?

Default UCS Millenium Falcon 10179 - ever seen in shops in AU?

Hi all,

Has anyone ever seen the UCS Millenium Falcon in shops here in Australia? With the strong dollar, I've been looking at acquiring one from the US, so they come in at $530 AUD right now, but it's the shipping which is the killer - sellers want about $330 USD (!) for the Falcon in the original packaging, or will unpack the contents and repack them in a smaller box for $169 USD, but I want the original box!

So has anyone seen one of these kits for sale anywhere in Australia? Hopefully up here in Brisbane?

Kmart got a hold of some more than a year ago. It was some kind of special promotion but the price was still nudging $1k from memory.

I bought one

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Well I'm calling around to see if there are any left, if anyone sees one in a KMart anywhere around Australia, please let me know!

My memory is that they sold out during the sale when they were put out, with most stores having very few (if they even had more than one in stock). You might luck out but I think the possibility is slim.

"Never tell me the odds!"

Unregistered Guest

Kmart had them at $760.

I think Kmart's full price was $979, but during their big sale in July '08, they had them for $775. I saw a couple here and there after the sale, but not for beyond a month or so.

A$530 boxed is a fine deal IMO.

I don't understand the discrepancy in price for box/un-boxed as US shipping is weight based, not dimension based.

Here's mine

I had the same thing happen when I won an Energon multi-pack (yellow/red Optimus and Overload) - the person got a quote from the (post office?) in its mint-boxed state, and when they took the toys out of the box and folded it up, they got a much cheaper quote from the (post office?) because it was now in a smaller mailing box.
    Maybe it was UPS, and not the post office, because I noticed that UPS ask for dimensions when calculating shipping, while USPS don't.

Besides, if the lego box is as big as I think it is, the USPS probably wouldn't accept it, because it's dimensions would be larger than their current limits (a lot smaller than they used to be - as I had trouble posting home boxes from BotCon that were the same size as the previous year). As such, UPS would probably be the only option to ship it.

I remember seeing it, not advertised or anything, but a slip of paper on the shelf saying "If you want to buy this take this to the counter"

It also said, at the time, they only had 1 left

I reckon you're gonna be paying out the nose for this one, mate, but at least it'll be worth it

I would love one. I have found a seller who has them for $292usd with $100usd postage but we have to do a group order of 5 to get it at this price. Is anyone interested?

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    I would love one. I have found a seller who has them for $292usd with $100usd postage but we have to do a group order of 5 to get it at this price. Is anyone interested?
    You gotta be joking
    I'd be in for 2 if that was the price
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|