Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Botcon 2008 Starscream revealed.

that starscream mold is as bad as the CYB soundwave mold!

gah... my first botcon and they have to stuff it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    This year's overall Botcon set is just plain garbage. When you look at the coolness of last year's set, it just makes you realise that the designers had to give us a mediocre set - just to balance it out.

I can definitely see the Botcon people being stuck with a tonne of these sets for years to come...
    As of today (according to a US fan board), they have sold out of all the boxed sets.
    The financial return of last year's set probably prompted many toy scalpers to buy up this year's set just in case it was anywhere near as good.
    The interest in BotCon toys is now so huge, it wouldn't be difficult to move this year's toys on the second hand market, even at what it cost the toy dealers. After all, there will still only be between 1500-2000 of each figure in the world.

foor is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I agree Griffin. Despite the set's mediocrity, there will still be interest in the secondhand market. More so because of the recognisable names used. I'm assuming that there's going to be a lot of new Transformers collectors now thanks to the movie, so interest will be high at least for Optimus, Megatron, Starscream and Jazz. So people who bought the set and feel disappointed can still at the very least, get back what they paid for.

I'm in the same boat that I ordered the set, but I'm just not feeling it. I'll wait until it comes in and then maybe just get rid of the ones I don't want.

Oh no! That Starscream is a bit plain. I like the Galaxy Force Starscream toy, but I have one already. Those colours just aren't right.....

<engage positive outlook mode> At least I will have a Galaxy Force Jetfire now....</positive outlook shorted out>

Honestly, I appreciate the fact they realised "Voyager" Prime really isn't a centrepiece of this set, he really isn't big enough.

Plus another use of the Classics seekers? I think not.

I agree, but I do think they could have done better with the colours. I understand that he is a good guy now, but all that white is a bit blurgh! Maybe they should have included Megatron in the set and made Starscream the pick up piece.