Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: Stores selling Transformers in Japan

Default Stores selling Transformers in Japan

Hey guys, I’m going to Japan with a friend of mine for a holiday at the end of the year, and we wanna know where the best places to go are for sightseeing and for Transformer/ Pop Culture Shopping.
    So far we have decided to spend the first few days of our trip in Osaka and see Osaka castle, and do some shopping. And we want to spend the majority of our time in Tokyo (we’ll be staying at a hotel near Akihabara) but we’d like to know where else in Japan is worth going to, for a good place to see while in Japan and also where the best places are for Transformers, Kamen Rider, Super Sentai, Gundam, Anime, etc shopping. oh also my friend is interested in eating challenges, we’ve heard of a few in Japan, does anyone know of any eating challenges for him to enter in Japan?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

There are so many places to go, really. it's all a matter of what sorta things you want to see, cultural, touristy, shopping, nature etc I'm going back for a holiday too this year going to have a better look. Alas it's late so I'm not awake wnough to write a list of the many things you could see.

The one piece of advice I will tell you now, is that in Osaka you want to go to Den Den Town, its like the Osaka equivalent of Akihabara when it comes to collectibles, but generally speaking Den Den town has cheaper prices, and more discounted items.

cool have a great holiday in japan!

I've never been to Osaka and you've already covered Akihabara on your itinerary. I'd also recommend Ikebukuro.

And knowing that you're trying to learn Japanese I'd also very strongly recommend that you try and speak zero English in Japan and try to exclusively speak in Japanese. Avoid the English language like the plague. It won't be hard as the majority of Japanese people don't speak English (some of them like to think they can ;p). You learn more from daily conversations than you would from months of hitting books.

ooooh enjoy!, I also would like to go there, but its all in the wish list category for now. ..... just greet them with, ... Points to the sky... aaaaah Gojiraaaaa!!! then runs frantically hahahahahaha youd prolly get arrested heheheh

Heroic decepticon just went a few months ago mebbe you can ask him where he went as he had a wonderful loot when he went back
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

have fun, love to write about your adventure when you return

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    There are so many places to go, really. it's all a matter of what sorta things you want to see, cultural, touristy, shopping, nature etc I'm going back for a holiday too this year going to have a better look. Alas it's late so I'm not awake wnough to write a list of the many things you could see.

The one piece of advice I will tell you now, is that in Osaka you want to go to Den Den Town, its like the Osaka equivalent of Akihabara when it comes to collectibles, but generally speaking Den Den town has cheaper prices, and more discounted items.
    I heard there was an Akihabara equivalent in Osaka, I'll be sure to check it out.
    We’d like to see all sorts of things cultural stuff (like Osaka castle) touristy (Tokyo tower) shopping (Akihabara) Nature (... umm yeah maybe some nature places too)

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    cool have a great holiday in japan!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I've never been to Osaka and you've already covered Akihabara on your itinerary. I'd also recommend Ikebukuro.

And knowing that you're trying to learn Japanese I'd also very strongly recommend that you try and speak zero English in Japan and try to exclusively speak in Japanese. Avoid the English language like the plague. It won't be hard as the majority of Japanese people don't speak English (some of them like to think they can ;p). You learn more from daily conversations than you would from months of hitting books.
    Ha-ha yeah I’m gonna try and use as much Japanese and as little English as possible while I’m over there,
    So what's Ikebukuro like?

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    ooooh enjoy!, I also would like to go there, but its all in the wish list category for now. ..... just greet them with, ... Points to the sky... aaaaah Gojiraaaaa!!! then runs frantically hahahahahaha youd prolly get arrested heheheh
    Ha-ha, interesting idea, I hope one day you can go to Japan too

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
    have fun, love to write about your adventure when you return
    We're not going till the end of the year (I'm just planning ahead). But I will have fun, and I'll definitely write all about it when I get back (and show off my purchases)

We'll be going there for about a month (from mid December to mid January)
    So far our list of things to do is
    Osaka (first few days)
    Go to Osaka Castle
    Go to Den Den Town (NEW)
    Unused Time (about a week and a half)
    Tokyo (Last 2 weeks)
    Go to Tokyo Disneyland
    Go to Tokyo Tower
    Karaoke
    Use Gundam Simulators (if they still have those)

Woo 100th post

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm
    So what's Ikebukuro like?
    There are two department stores atop Ikebukuro station (similar to the former Melbourne Daimaru). There's also a Bic Camera store which is known to stock Transformers at cheap sales prices.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

This is a good thread! I will keep my eye on it, cos I'm looking at going to Japan later this year too!

i'm heading down mar20 which is just less than 2 weeks to go so i'll post my trip reviews and hopefully i can find lots of shops to update this thread then although there's another one already created with the list of places to visit.