View Poll Results: How do you play with your Transformers?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fantasy play

11 8.09%
  • Fiddle play

97 71.32%
  • Don't play

24 17.65%
  • Other (please specify)

4 2.94%
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you play with your Transformer toys?

I usually stare at them in admiration behind their dimensional windows (glass cabinet doors), contemplating whether or not I should fiddle with them or just leave them be and continue staring at them.

Usually about maybe 5 times a year (or less) they will all get transformed into one mode (you know, to make sure I don't forget how to do it) and eventually back again. Occasionally I might just transform one or two that appeal to me at the time. Usually when they are undergoing their quarterly transformation I do it while watching tv or talking with the wife. Although I get told off for not listening to her when I do that.

I do sometimes "improve" the figures with minor paint apps and/or reprolabels, but usually only if they REALLY need it because the original is lacking in some way.

If I see a figure that would look great painted up properly I will have a go at a full on custom paint job makeover, but I've only really done that a handful of times. It only happens when I get a creative burst of energy, which doesn't happen often.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ_Prime View Post
    I contemplating whether or not I should fiddle with them or just leave them be and continue staring at them.
    To fiddle, or not to fiddle.

That is the question...

Sorry, I couldn't resist

I only touch them to dust or rearrange as the collection grows. Transformation is almost non-existent.

I have to say I mostly fit into the curator category since I mostly collect MISB, so I voted "don't play".
    For me it's a bit of an OCD thing, I can definitely identify with the things Jetfire and Megatron said.

Though I do from time to time have a fiddle with the ones I have bought loose (or the rare escape artist) as well as pose them around the house.

Quote Originally Posted by nofacej View Post
    I tend to transform figures once, pose them and then stick them on a shelf.
    +2

I voted Fiddler, there isn't a desk I sit at that doesn't have at least one transformer in reach at any time.

I cycle the ones I have at work, just for a change of scenery. they sometimes get transformed at once, other times, I'll gradually transform a figure throughout the day.

My display cabinet changes with current series or themes as I see fit. it's never static for very long. some are displayed as vehicles some as robots, I'm looking at getting some clear stands to display flyers more dynamically.

there are times when the cabinet is only looked at for a few weeks, but then i get an urge to grab something out and change it.

I like the characterisations of the robots but I really dig the engineering behind the transformations, which is hard to appreciate without transforming them. I also love a lot of the vehicle modes, which is why so many get changed back and forth.

like others have said though, this is often slowed down in frequency for not having the time to properly enjoy it, also why I sometimes go several weeks or a month without opening a new one.

I also much prefer to have them in a pose or formation rather than all just standing there shoulder to shoulder. but that's a personal preference and means there is less space to display as many at any one time.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I opened and fiddled with five transformers last year but haven't opened any this year. Somewhere along the line I became a "don't play" guy while I tried to sell off my surplus collection and haven't opened anything of my new purchases yet. Never feel like I have the time to really appreciate a new figure so I've been putting them aside for "later". Maybe when I finally get some sort of collection display going on things will change.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I opened and fiddled with five transformers last year but haven't opened any this year. Somewhere along the line I became a "don't play" guy while I tried to sell off my surplus collection and haven't opened anything of my new purchases yet. Never feel like I have the time to really appreciate a new figure so I've been putting them aside for "later". Maybe when I finally get some sort of collection display going on things will change.
    Except for a splurge of opening in the last two months, I tend to collect them faster than I open them.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I'm totally collecting quicker. I've about 15 or more purchases from the past 12 months to open at the moment. Will have a big Prime Decepticons opening day eventually. I look at it as "getting what I want while I can" rather than risking after-market prices in the future.

I like to fantasy play but that's something I seldom do these days. I usually have a few TF's on hand (bookshelf or desk display) but most are in storage. Most of the time I just fiddle. Although I imagine a lot .