Page 379 of 710 FirstFirst ... 359369374375376377378379380381382383384389399 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 7096

Thread: Interesting, rare and sometimes cheap ebay items.

You must be kidding with the price!!!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Transform...item2569cbc9c5

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipes brother View Post

This is what we can expect more of with the closure of KO Toys.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipes brother View Post

Just hope the person who wins it is buying it for themselves and not a collector for Xmas. Imagine the awkwardness on Xmas day as they open it to realise it's a KO...

Now, if I didn't know that there was no *actual* reissue of the Stunticons (and even a fairly dedicated fan would feel the need to check that), this auction gave me the impression that it was a legitimate item. There is nothing on the entire listing that suggests it is a KO/counterfeit item, which would suck in a lot of people who may think that, of all the legitimate reissues we've had in the last 10 years, one could have been this set.
    I might send them a message, out of curiosity, to see why they didn't mention on the listing that it was a fake... just to see what they answer with, or if they ignore me.

The guy even lists the item as being from the 1980s era, so is very deceptive indeed.

I had a look at their completed listings and feedback, and they only sell fakes, so should be shut down (if reporting to ebay does anything anymore).

(to be honest, I would have thought that it would be possible to purchase a loose set of legitimate stunticons for less than the $300 current bid price of that fake set)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Now, if I didn't know that there was no *actual* reissue of the Stunticons (and even a fairly dedicated fan would feel the need to check that), this auction gave me the impression that it was a legitimate item. There is nothing on the entire listing that suggests it is a KO/counterfeit item, which would suck in a lot of people who may think that, of all the legitimate reissues we've had in the last 10 years, one could have been this set.
    I might send them a message, out of curiosity, to see why they didn't mention on the listing that it was a fake... just to see what they answer with, or if they ignore me.

The guy even lists the item as being from the 1980s era, so is very deceptive indeed.

I had a look at their completed listings and feedback, and they only sell fakes, so should be shut down (if reporting to ebay does anything anymore).

(to be honest, I would have thought that it would be possible to purchase a loose set of legitimate stunticons for less than the $300 current bid price of that fake set)
    Did you report the item Griffin? I just did despite there being only 22 hours left, hopefully ebay takes it down before some poor sap flushes their money down the toilet!

I did, and I sent a message... but the guy has since posted up another fake since I sent that message (with the same deceptive use of "reissue" as if that's an acceptable term for "Fake").
    I'll report his other items, but since he's been doing it for a while, I doubt ebay will do anything about them, without Hasbro themselves reporting them.
    (I'm reporting them as copyright violations, as the packaging and "Transformers" name is at least an indisputable breach of the law - even if the copying of the moulds is debated by fans, but is still just as illegal)

Or people here could just buy them, then refuse to pay as they are counterfeit items.
    They'll stop listing them if they have that happen enough times.

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    This is what we can expect more of with the closure of KO Toys.
    And how do you know the scumbag wasn't getting his supplies from KO Toys to begin with. Furthermore you must have missed the auction where the KO Dino Cassettes were passed off as the real thing only a couple of weeks ago.

Let's not give KO Toys any credit they're undeserving of- they fueled this kind of scam infinitely more than they might have unintentionally stopped it.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I did, and I sent a message... but the guy has since posted up another fake since I sent that message (with the same deceptive use of "reissue" as if that's an acceptable term for "Fake").
    I'll report his other items, but since he's been doing it for a while, I doubt ebay will do anything about them, without Hasbro themselves reporting them.
    (I'm reporting them as copyright violations, as the packaging and "Transformers" name is at least an indisputable breach of the law - even if the copying of the moulds is debated by fans, but is still just as illegal)
    I reported all 3 of their listings as counterfeit.

Also perhaps it's worth warning all members in some kind of bulletin about this scammer.

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    And how do you know the scumbag wasn't getting his supplies from KO Toys to begin with.
    I don't

Furthermore you must have missed the auction where the KO Dino Cassettes were passed off as the real thing only a couple of weeks ago.
    No I didn't. KO toys have been around a lot longer on eBay than the above mentioned auction and the Dino Cassettes

Let's not give KO Toys any credit they're undeserving of- they fueled this kind of scam infinitely more than they might have unintentionally stopped it.
    I'm not giving them any credit, only saying that with the closure of one direct online source for KO's with fixed pricing - regardless of which site it was, we're likely to see an increase of unscrupulous sellers flocking to other online sources such as eBay.

PS. I can read your comment just fine without you having to 'bold' certain parts.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    Or people here could just buy them, then refuse to pay as they are counterfeit items.
    They'll stop listing them if they have that happen enough times.
    I'd do that but dont know the deal with unpaid item strikes?