Page 616 of 710 FirstFirst ... 596606611612613614615616617618619620621626636 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,160 of 7096

Thread: Interesting, rare and sometimes cheap ebay items.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    I wish eBay would do a promotion where they pay for the shipping on an item (with a limit). It would make it a lot easier to pay for items that have pretty good prices but bad shipping costs from the US.
    I'd hunt down that 1 metre tall G1 Optimus Prime figurine.

Found this eBay sale for the Platinum Dinobots Unleashed pack. Bit surprised to see it available this early. Too bad I didn't find it during the 20% off sale since I would have picked it up in a heart-beat though I suspect Myer will put it at $250~ then take $100 to make it look cheaper.

What the? Am I missing something? I didn't think it was THAT rare...

Just incase anyone was considering bidding on this:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Transform...item462c9a2bc3

Prowl is not sealed on his backing card although the bubble is fully glued to the backing. He must have been cut out from behind. The stickers have been applied and the accessories have been opened and used.

Kind of misleading that the seller didn't note this info in his listing and he hasn't posted my question and his answers on the ebay listing.

Beautiful box though.

Anyhoo, someone may still like it.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ_Prime View Post
    What the? Am I missing something? I didn't think it was THAT rare...
    LOL! Someone probably told the seller it was vintage 80's.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    LOL! Someone probably told the seller it was vintage 80's.
    Maybe it's the taxes that push the price up!
    Love these listings

That's the problem with ebay, there is no incentive to list at a price that will sell, or penalty for listing at crazy prices, because you only get charged when it sells.
    The knock-on effect of that is when you have someone list something at an excessively high (but not crazy) price, and then other people start listing at that price falsely assuming that it is the current value, because they see the active listing prices instead of the "sold" listing prices. (the European Actionmasters used to be a good example, as people would sit on them for years at crazy prices thinking that "rare" ALWAYS equals "valuable")

I'm not sure if this is applicable on eBay, but sometimes on Amazon larger sellers will have certain algorithms in place to automatically adjust their prices, for example so that their items is always 5% lower than the most expensive one, or 10% higher etc. Sometimes two different sellers offering the same item will engage in an automated pricing war as the two algorithms keep updating the price and battle with each other. There's usually a limit on how low the price will go, but perhaps not for how high it can go.

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    I'm not sure if this is applicable on eBay, but sometimes on Amazon larger sellers will have certain algorithms in place to automatically adjust their prices, for example so that their items is always 5% lower than the most expensive one, or 10% higher etc. Sometimes two different sellers offering the same item will engage in an automated pricing war as the two algorithms keep updating the price and battle with each other. There's usually a limit on how low the price will go, but perhaps not for how high it can go.
    I've read about this happening on Amazon. (As for how high it can go, at least $23 million!)

That is so amazing.
    And explains the often odd pricing of Amazon's own items, which sees discounts on only specific items within a wave, or significant discounts on new items that are actually in enough demand to be able to sell at full price.

That could be why they are losing so much money, even though they would look to be making a lot out of listing fees and handling fees of stock they sell on behalf of others.

I wonder if it could be manipulated, by setting up dummy businesses (with a name and description that puts people off risking a purchase from them) that lists new items for significantly less than Amazon prices, which forces Amazon to automatically sell at matching prices... and have people buy the Amazon priced-item before the dummy business is removed and Amazon's prices revert to normal.