Page 632 of 710 FirstFirst ... 612622627628629630631632633634635636637642652 ... LastLast
Results 6,311 to 6,320 of 7096

Thread: Interesting, rare and sometimes cheap ebay items.

I want that Optimus figure!

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    The label says JC Penny so it's not the Hasbro mail away version but a store sent or more likely a layby cover. It looks like the box flap has been bent over backwards (cringe) Still a very cool item and will be interesting to see what it goes for, it has an appeal to keep it as is which is very unique (which I would probably do) or if you're mental (jokes) to open up a mint G1 item, to me from a box collector perspective it could be pretty crap with the flap bent over like that and may have lead to the top part of the box separating from itself due to the perforations some of the early ones had.
    Good spot Skullcruncher
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    The label says JC Penny so it's not the Hasbro mail away version but a store sent or more likely a layby cover. It looks like the box flap has been bent over backwards (cringe) Still a very cool item and will be interesting to see what it goes for, it has an appeal to keep it as is which is very unique (which I would probably do) or if you're mental (jokes) to open up a mint G1 item, to me from a box collector perspective it could be pretty crap with the flap bent over like that and may have lead to the top part of the box separating from itself due to the perforations some of the early ones had.
    Good spot Skullcruncher
    I didn't even think about the box flap, its almost painful to think about the store staff just bending it back and then taping the box around it!

This person in Hong Kong must still think that ebay doesn't charge fees on shipping. All their items are super cheap ($10 or less) and have shipping prices that are $100 or more.
    Now that ebay charges fees on the entire amount, which I assume is worldwide now, it stops people from avoiding ebay fees by putting the bulk of the item's cost into the shipping amount.

The good thing about this is that it should be possible to get ebay to refund the difference of his shipping quote and the actual amount, because it is in breach of the rules.... giving you a really cheap item of under $10. I'd test it if there was something I wanted, in case ebay drags its feet or doesn't do refunds without returning the item for a full refund.

Funnily enough even their "local" shipping is 5 times the actual cost.
    What an idiot!
    Surely he knows he is paying fees on the postage... or is he doing this to bypass customs for countries like the UK where they can only bring in items with a value up to 36 pounds before they get taxed...
    Any way you look at it - it sure seems dodgy to me!

I'm happy to go get the items from him and ship at actual rates if anyone wants to be cheeky and msg him to see if he'll allow free local pickup.

That Sega Megatron would be tempting for US$10 if it didn't have a US$110 shipping LOCALLY TO HONG KONG! For that price I could get a container of Megatrons hauled across the city.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    This person in Hong Kong must still think that ebay doesn't charge fees on shipping. All their items are super cheap ($10 or less) and have shipping prices that are $100 or more.
    Now that ebay charges fees on the entire amount, which I assume is worldwide now, it stops people from avoiding ebay fees by putting the bulk of the item's cost into the shipping amount.

The good thing about this is that it should be possible to get ebay to refund the difference of his shipping quote and the actual amount, because it is in breach of the rules.... giving you a really cheap item of under $10. I'd test it if there was something I wanted, in case ebay drags its feet or doesn't do refunds without returning the item for a full refund.

New reissue Insecticons going at a reasonable price

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TRANSFORM...item1e98a38c66

I tried that once with a singaporean seller awhile back who was shifting the price on shipping. Said that he was quitting ebay. I was asking if I could arrange a meetup so i can save on shipping cost ( a friend will pickup for me).

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    New reissue Insecticons going at a reasonable price

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TRANSFORM...item1e98a38c66
    You can find it slightly cheaper at:
    Chimungmung - US$55 + $25 shipping
    RK - US$55 + approx $29 standard airmail shipping

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    You can find it slightly cheaper at:
    Chimungmung - US$55 + $25 shipping
    RK - US$55 + approx $29 standard airmail shipping
    Now they're decent prices