Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Need some Advice...

She was supposed to be my best friend, but she dances around the issues too much and listens to friends of hers that have no idea what they are talking about.

I feel emotionally sick to my stomach right now , It's looking like Im going to have to cancel.

It's a shame too, I need a fresh start in life, I want to move out , study, do something with my life, and I thought this was the ticket to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaul View Post
    It's a shame too, I need a fresh start in life, I want to move out , study, do something with my life, and I thought this was the ticket to do it.
    I say forget about her. She sounds like bad news. If she values more what her friends are saying then I suspect this will also dictate her actions in a relationship with you. So even if something happens between the two of you, I am certain she will continue to trust her friends more then you. And you will forever be trying to prove to her that your care for her.

Don't let this stop you from moving out and doing the things you want to do. If you can financially do it and you know what you want to do then go for it.

pros and cons bro! pros and cons! Im not saying you should or shouldnt go, im saying analyse it before you move. trust me on this not everything has a fairy tale ending.

I'll give you advice from my personal experiences.

I was with this girl, I lived in the Gong, she lived in Parra. Long distant relationship. Kinda sucked. Then an opportunity arose where this guy I knew needed a housemate out in Penrith. I made the snap decision to move. 2 weeks before I was due to move, she dumped me at a concert. I said "F*** it, I'm gonna move anyway!" So I did. A week later I met another girl who is now my fiance and here I am now and couldnt be happier.

Lifes funny like that sometimes.

All I can say is, even if it doesnt work out, just do it for a holiday and see what happens. At least you will know for sure, instead of wondering what might have been.

give it a go, if it doesn't work out you can always club some seals to vent.

with $5000 i would get the Human Size Optimus Prime Statue i always wanted

I'd cancel and see how she reacts.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    Dude...

Cancel the trip, refund your tickets, save your money.
    Something is definitely not right here with her behavior and the whole story.
    My feeling is that if you go ahead you will be sorely disappointed.
    Are you sure she's not setting you up to be arrested as soon as you touchdown there?
    Canada is not worth it in my mind for just a holiday anyway...it's just like Australia except colder with more water and French people.
    I share digger's views. Everything there sounds real iffy and more like you are about to be screwed with all this secret bullshit. Keep in mind that many people live dual lives online and consider it more as a 'play life' more than anything serious and who you meet online does not always mean they are the same person you would meet in real life. You don't want to go all the way to Canada for them to treat you like crap and then come back.

However if you do go and you immediately notice that you are being screwed with (the first day should be hint enough) then just f**k' em and enjoy your visit to Canada by taking on some tours or something.

My general advice is to not take online friendships or relationships seriously unless you know the person in real life - It doesn't matter if you know them for years or not. Chances are that to that person you are nothing more than an NPC who is good to chat online doesn't care about you any more than that.
    Last edited by kup; 1st September 2009 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    My general advice is to not take online friendships or relationships seriously unless you know the person in real life - It doesn't matter if you know them for years or not. Chances are that to that person you are nothing more than an NPC who is good to chat online but has no interest in having such a relationship in the real world.
    Not all friendships/relationships on the net shouldnt be taken seriously. I have met quite a few people on the net first, then met them down the track for the first time. I even lived with one of them for 6 months. They cannot all be judged as one, they all have there own merits.
    Even another I chatted to online for not even month and shared a hotel room with her after a gig. Became really cool friends.
    Not all online friendships are people online with a second life. Not having a go or anything, but just stating they all have their on circumstances needing to be taken into consideration.

Meeting someone online and then meeting them in Real life is good as you get to properly meet them - That's what I meant about knowing them in real life. However if you only know them through their online persona then its not worth investing so much of yourself emotionally on them.