Truth be told I'm not too fussed on the beer count, the beer here isn't too bad and I'm rather fond of Kirin. Couple it with it being cheaper than Oz, and a certain weakness for sake and umeshu and I'm quite content booze-wise.
Sadly vending machines require an ID card now, so I just use supermarkets and combinis.
Pity you can't get decent wine here, but again sake and umeshu are nice enough to make up for it

Food-wise I really miss affordable cheese, and Vegemite on toast for breakfast is pretty much a staple. I'm not a morning person and am a slow eater to boot so having something I can make easily and quickly and eat while doing the morning prep routine is pretty important.

Ultimately though, I'm not looking to 'go native' even though I do love it here in Osaka. A lot of gaijin and especially JETs do and all power to them, but there are aspects of being both Australian and internationally minded that I like and want to keep, just as there's a lot of valuable traits in the Japanese way I'd like to take (and am taking) on board. My house has a fold-out couch for a bed because it's more comfortable for me than a futon, and because having my home be effectively the pseudo-uni-student setup I'm used to makes me feel at home and reduces culture shock. I'll still happily sit on the floor with guests and when the girlfriend is around we usually do, but I also have the option of a couch. I loved going to the Sports Day at my chugakko, but found the tea ceremony one of my shogakko did was less enjoyable, albeit still quite interesting on a cultural level.
Similarly while I like a lot of Japanese foods I also like pizza and hamburgers. Language-wise I try to use Japanese where I can, but at my very very basic level I still have to resort to English more often than not. Most of the TV (well, computer files) I watch is Japanese anime and movies with subtitles and the occasional English movie, while most of my news comes from the ABC and international sites like the BBC and Al Jazeera.

Besides the fact that my job as a JET ALT is as much about exposing the students to gaijin and our gaijin-y ways as it is about teaching English (ergo 'going native' would be a bit counterproductive), IMO the best approach to living overseas is to try and combine useful/positive aspects of your own culture and the cultures you live with, with the end goal of being the most well-rounded person you can be.

Sorry if that was a bit rambling, I'm pretty wiped out atm.