Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: lurkers

By the time I have something to say in a thread, someone else has already said it

Currently, I mostly use the world news section to keep somewhat up to date on stuff. But I really dislike movie Transformers and their toys so there isnt really much for me to contribute in that area.

The other would be the sales section. I've bought a few off other members already and am slowly finishing the takara henkei line. (its so hard )

so im still lurking...

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    BTW, I'm not trying to argue with you d*r*j*, merely offering encouragement & a positive view. It's up to others - lurkers or otherwise - if they wish to interact.
    When I first joined up, Dirge, you were the most welcoming person on the forum. Haven't noticed you that much recently... must be down to you not actively collecting... maybe it's down to me not actively collecting(?)!

I dunno, I also enjoy the general things in the forum... these are the type of things that are general to most of the forums I post (or lurk) on. Of course it is enjoyable to hear people's view on things, especially when you have some idea of their individual personalities.

I have a lot of time for griffin. I worked a similar job to him, at a supermarket (Safeway) distribution centre, and know how demanding his employment is. He is generous with his knowledge and makes repeated efforts to be fair and even handed. It is just a shame that the actions of a few effect the way he is able to operate this website.

Quote Originally Posted by d*r*j* View Post
    it seems that the majority of the melbourne-ites on the board have very loose collecting morals.
    Is that when collectors don't marry their toys before sleeping with them?

I lurked for a while before I signed up.
    There are 2 real advantages for me;
    1. ability to ask questions to mastercollectors who are also fans (griffin, gok, jgon)
    2. Access to sales page.

The rest is all the usual collectors non-sense of everyone trying to out-do everyone else. I have no interest in meets, etc, because I am in melbourne and it seems that the majority of the melbourne-ites on the board have very loose collecting morals.
    I can't speak for Melbourne since I have never attended a meet there but in Sydney meets we don't see any of that. We all just start talking about transformers and we do show of our in hand loot but not to brag or inspire jealousy in others. The ambiance is actually pretty friendly and most people are usually engaged in some TF related discussion or another without comparing or criticizing each other's collection or collecting habits.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Is that when collectors don't marry their toys before sleeping with them?
    *When you argue with, threaten, intimidate and harrass sales staff.
    *When you push your way into and/ or enter backroom areas of a store, to look for things not on the shelves, especially when such stores generally employ younger staff.
    *When you keep discounted toys misb with the specific intention of swapping that toy with another retailer not offering a sale.
    Last edited by d*r*j*; 9th September 2009 at 01:12 PM.

*When you push you way into and/ or enter backroom areas of a store, to look for things not on the shelves, especially when such stores generally employ younger staff.
    *When you keep discounted toys misb with the specific intention of swapping that toy with another retailer not offering a sale.
    Ah, I see now. (I get how those activities could be deemed to be morally 'loose'. Although I'm still somewhat amused by my 'no Slumblebee until marriage' interpretation. )

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Ah, I see now. (I get how those activities could be deemed to be morally 'loose'. Although I'm still somewhat amused by my 'no Slumblebee until marriage' interpretation. )
    That's without getting on to the misb/ mosc collectors. I can understand the vintage collections, even envy some of them, and even the graded collections that some have... Having a house/ collection that simply looks like a well stocked Target, I don't get. But, of course, that has nothing to do with morals...

TheDirtyDigger Guest

What about 'seduce?

*When you push your way into and/ or enter backroom areas of a store, to look for things not on the shelves, especially when such stores generally employ younger staff.
    Does 'sneak into' count here? Oops...guilty as charged! I feel so bad about it now that it's been pointed out by the morally righteous.

Yeah I can't believe some people would try and save money. It's f***ing ridiculous.

How dare they have a difference of opinion to you DD

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    What about 'seduce?

Does 'sneak into' count here? Oops...guilty as charged! I feel so bad about it now that it's been pointed out by the morally righteous.

Yeah I can't believe some people would try and save money. It's f***ing ridiculous.
    Thanks for agreeing with me TDD... I feel even more righteous with your support. haha.