Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HJ's 8XL burger.

Default HJ's 8XL burger.

Once again the topic of creative burgers was raised among the people I sit with at lunch (at work), thanks to the release of the XL Burgers at Hungry Jacks (beef, cheese, bacon, BBQ sauce on a bun).

Since the XL Burgers are Whopper sized, instead of Cheeseburger sized like the Stackers Burgers.

The XL Burger on the HJ website.

So the challange was to do a giant XL burger, and I said, ok, how about 8 layers...

They asked, why 8? And I said, it would be like the double-pounder, or Octo-stacker, which are 'popular' amongst gorgers like myself...

The great thing about HJs (called Burger King everywhere else in the world), is the ability to custom make any burger that they have ingredients for. So I asked them for an XL Burger with an extra 7 layers of meat and extra 7 layers of Cheese. The total cost ended up being AU$18.20.

The others at work thought I would just get the burger one day and show them photos.
    Instead, I got the burger on the way to work, and had it for lunch (only took about 20 minutes).

Had to cut it up into 'cake' slices to eat it though...

My estimation, from the HJ website - the 8XL Burger has about 13,300 KJ (about 3,200Cal) and 230gm fat. To put that in perspective, the average recommended daily intake is about 2000-2500Cal, and 60-90gm fat. That one burger has well over the entire day's calories for an adult, and over twice the fat.

As a disclaimer - as impressively disgusting as it may be, this sort of thing isn't something I do often. I only try these sorts of things once. I wouldn't do, or advocate, a diet of over-sized burgers. You just have to look at those Fat and Calorie figures above, and see that there is no real nutritional benefit within the burger, to know that this should never be part of any acceptable diet.

Christ, I love a fat burger myself but thats insane!! The amount of red meat and cheese..... !!! The guys in the office were just horrified to see that!
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

enjoy the heart attack, twas nice knowing ya

man I'd love to try one, but sadly doubt I'd live through the experience.

My arteries hurt just looking at that!

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I couldn't afford the extra hours at the gym

i need to bulk up

Geez imagining that burger going out the other end

erm so its all beef and cheese, no other stuff like oh I dunno pickles, onion rings, lettuce, tomatoes? I wont be able to make a bite with that high a stack.....insured?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

WOW! thats huge the best ive done is a Large pounder meal at Mcdonals!

I just had dinner but that burger still makes my mouth water. I loooove cheese! <drooool>

Just a Friendly Reminder to All our Young Viewers: Kids, don't attempt this at home (or in this case, at your local school cafeteria or fast food store). Leave it to the experts. They are highly trained professionals with a fortune invested in private health and life insurance.
    Latest Acquisitions: Metroplex
    Incoming: ROTF Buster Optimus Prime; FP Defender, Insecticons
    Needs List: Alternity Cliffjumper; TF Prime Bulkhead, Skyquake, Vehicons; Classics Sky Shadow, Junkheap