Page 66 of 105 FirstFirst ... 465661626364656667686970717686 ... LastLast

Thread: The Price Check/What is it worth Thread

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    There was a second production run anything with an embossed batch number on the box greater than

H2511
    which translates to August 25, 2011.

The second production run supposedly fixes up a lot of the issues that plagued the first, however I've heard there are still a few points on it that are pretty fragile. I guess it just needs careful handling.

I have noticed prices for this gradually rising on eBay for the last 12 months. sitting between $250 and $300 in most cases of late. It's a bit rich for me at the moment, especially when the hasbro one was $80. A lot of sellers are cagey about telling you the batch number as well because they know that the original run isn't very popular.
    It really is luck of the draw as to whether you get a good one or not. i think more than likely if you get one it is bound to have at least one problem. Flawless ones are just so hard to come by. Hasbro ones have less issues but its colour scheme is nowhere near as good as the Takara version.

If I were to buy another takara version I wouldn't get a MISB one. I'd get one that has been opened so the seller can confirm any issues.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    I've stumbled across Convoy Bape Camo versions (Green, Grey, Red). I think it's essentially the same mold as the G1 OP, but with different camouflage colours. It's different & interesting. I have no idea if these are limited or what is a reasonable price? Are some versions more expensive than others? Need help.
    Bape is short for Bathing Ape I think. its a japanese designer clothing store. all of them are very expensive as they are a "limited Exclusive" and yes they are a re-paint of either the G1 mold or one of it's re-issues. As for what they are worth, I think they started out selling on eBay for over $200 each but I have no idea what they are worth now. I would suggest sending a quick PM to Griffin as I know he has all 3. They do make a nice display together.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Bape is short for Bathing Ape I think. its a japanese designer clothing store. all of them are very expensive as they are a "limited Exclusive" and yes they are a re-paint of either the G1 mold or one of it's re-issues. As for what they are worth, I think they started out selling on eBay for over $200 each but I have no idea what they are worth now. I would suggest sending a quick PM to Griffin as I know he has all 3. They do make a nice display together.
    Here is Griffman's set of the 3.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Wasn't the retail on the BAPE red version something close to 7600 Yen when it was released back in March?
    I cant remember if it was a stand alone pricing or if there were any other criteria that had to be met. Must check that later.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Wasn't the retail on the BAPE red version something close to 7600 Yen when it was released back in March?
    I cant remember if it was a stand alone pricing or if there were any other criteria that had to be met. Must check that later.
    Sounds about right - I have the camo one and paid more than retail for it then the other two came out one day I'll grab them but wont pay more than $100.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Close enough; 7560JPY (AU$81) to be precise.
    http://tf.takaratomy.co.jp/toy/event...nsformers.html

PC on - C-347 Sonic Bomber also C-349 Roadfire.

Both Mint loose complete. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    PC on - C-347 Sonic Bomber also C-349 Roadfire.

Both Mint loose complete. Thanks
    Again selling or buying ?

Id say they are worth about $450 in box so loose complete maybe $300ish each

Quote Originally Posted by theshape View Post
    Again selling or buying ?

Id say they are worth about $450 in box so loose complete maybe $300ish each
    Selling. I care not for zone , helps keep the collection in check! Thanks, I should have checked ebay as well -

Sonic Bomber $520 loose complete - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/G1-1990-T...p2047675.l2557

Road Fire MIB - $600 http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/G1-1990-T...p2047675.l2557

Yeah those auctions were nuts, see what blue bacchus went for
    http://mostlytransformersredux.blogs...ew-normal.html

Whats else is on the chopping board?