Page 263 of 467 FirstFirst ... 243253258259260261262263264265266267268273283 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Introduced my kids (4 & 7) to Sonic and Eco over the weekend. BIG nostalgic trip for me Makes me miss the days when games were mostly about gameplay and not just graphics. Ahhh, simpler times.

SEE-GA
    Wow, I went rhough a slight Ecco thing a few weeks ago. I was watching a play through of Ecco on DC. I still have nightmares of this time I spent a good 2-3 hours climbing up a wall of wells. I made it to the top, paused the game, went to make a cup of tea and knocked the power plug just a touch, but enough to disconnect the power to my megadrive. Super sad.

It was a UK MD, so I had an adapter to get it running. Sigh. So sad

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    Got full extraction three times on platinum in Mass Effect 3 multiplayer last night.
    Previously I'd had only one go at platinum and we bombed out in wave 6.
    This time I had a really good team.
    After those matches gold seemed easy.
    Haha, you're getting better aye! I remember I got to the point I could just solo platinum, but I would be horrid now though. I'd need a bronze refresher.

Anyone have a US or AU (preferred) power pack for a Gamecube?

Happened to buy a Japanese GC with a Gameboy Player and disc. However since Japanese PSUs are not compatible with our voltage, I bought a 3P one. Unfortunately it seems the 3P Power pack causes some interference on the display (wavy lines).

It works great otherwise.

I am not 100% sure if it is the 3P power pack so if someone could also be kind enough to loan me a US/AU GC Power Pack to test, that would be appreciated. Also open to buying or borrowing a step down converter.

It'll probably work out cheaper to find a used AU cube than tracking down a power supply. But if you do end up needing one, it might be worth calling Nintendo Australia and see if they have any still. I read the other day some guy called them up (to buy a Wii U Gamecube Adapter) and ended up buying a stack of Gameboy Micro Faceplates they still had lying around as well!

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    It'll probably work out cheaper to find a used AU cube than tracking down a power supply. But if you do end up needing one, it might be worth calling Nintendo Australia and see if they have any still. I read the other day some guy called them up (to buy a Wii U Gamecube Adapter) and ended up buying a stack of Gameboy Micro Faceplates they still had lying around as well!
    Yeah worth a try I guess. Thanks

Called Nintendo AU today - They don't have any.

Will see if I can source from someplace assuming the interference does come from the 3P powersupply. I will see about pulling it apart tonight to see if maybe some shielding or something has come loose and that's the cause.

Any recommendations on best cloud hosting site for images/ documents?

Does the site have an option to add tags to images? Ie name, year that sort of thing.

I'm documenting my collection over these Christmas holidays.

Apart from having to have a Yahoo account, Flickr is pretty good for photos. Albums, tags, galleries and bulk tools for doing that sort of thing. 1 TB of free space.

Doesn't really help with documents though.

Google's Picassa is good too if you're doing all that on your computer, good (free) application to do all that and then sync/upload to web based storage... but I've never that last step

Thanks Paul, I created an account but the albums/collections are not really what I am looking for. Needs to be more intuitive and a easier interface for a laptop.

Imgur is always my go to place.