Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
I would suggest for those of you after a PS4 to get the PS4 Pro in November. Sony is going on about how great it is for UHD gaming, but they are not requiring games to run at 2160p (4K). Because quite frankly the PS4 Pro's hardware is not great for 2160p (and neither will the Xbox Scorpio) developers have the option to do 1080p, but give you more eye candy at the lower resolution, this is a more compelling argument for the Pro and Scorpio.

A high end gaming PC with a GTX 1080 that is twice as powerful struggles to do 2160p at 60fps so how Sony and Microsoft expect their consoles to do 2160p without a major compromise is beyond me.
i think developers on console can extract more from the given hardware because they have better access to it and less stuff in the way like drivers and middleware. it is also constant, they don't have to worry about a million different hardware configurations. these all impact pc development to an extent. having said that, im pretty happy with witcher 3 at 1440p with everything maxxed out on my gtx 980ti hehe