Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greetings, Hello and Well Met

Question Greetings, Hello and Well Met

Hello all (and to some hello again, probably for the first time since 2004, if memory serves),

I've taken the plunge and signed up to my first online forum. I have been an on and off "member" of the Australian transformers community since 1997 ... when there was a newsletter distributed by regular post (a service whereby a "mailman" or "postal worker" delivers a physical document to your house, for those who are not familiar).

Forgive my poor attempt at humor. I have met and known at one point Griffin, who was close to being bored to death by a discussion about Russian history and politics I was having with another person (Belinda it was I believe) and subsequently decided to leave well enough alone I have also met and known for a time Dirge, Belinda (I know not what nickname she goes by these days), Goktimus Prime and some others whose names alas, elude me.

My interest in Transformers has been consistent and longstanding, but my status as a collector has fluctuated with my income and living situation. My main interest is in Generation 1 based product and stories, although after what was a promising start the IDW comics seem to have descended into mediocrity.

I have suffered and do suffer from extreme shyness, to the point where I have never (until now) posted anything to an online forum (or joined for that matter) and have pretty much lived the life of a hermit since mid-high school. Just pointing that out to those who knew me once and never heard from me again (there may be a few of you here).

Outside of Transformers my interests are marvel comics characters (particularly Spider-Man and Magneto) 80s music, current affairs, politics and marxist political economy. Also my cat and my dog.

Now that I've introduced myself and the thrilling story of my life, I need only sit back and bask in the plaudits and stream of invitations to friendship that will no doubt follow.

My cat, pictured, is a lazy, arrogant and at times evil beast, so she shall henceforth be Catcon, as will my nickname. Hoorah!

Regards and congratulations to those that have made it this far,
    Dsaint aka Catcon.
    Catcon: sleeper agent of evil

greetings and welcome to the forums. hope to see some pics of your collection soon.

Alas, my collection at present is currently living in boxes and other forms of storage containers. A lonely Henkei Prowl, bluetacked to my DVD cupboard. Only my comics and DVD collection have free reign (and finally after many attempts I am gradually working through every Generation 1 cartoon - it was great to see the animated movie in Blu-ray!).

I moved back in (due to circumstances I found myself in) with my parents at the begginning of this year and am still waiting to be allowed to use my sister's former bedroom. Until then my toy collection languishes (oh how it pains me not to have Masterpiece Megatron watching over me while I sleep).

Regards,
    Catcon
    Catcon: sleeper agent of evil

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEY Welcome Back Dude!

Quote Originally Posted by dsaint
    Outside of Transformers my interests are marvel comics characters (particularly Spider-Man and Magneto) 80s music, current affairs, politics and marxist political economy. Also my cat and my dog.
    I seem to recall you reading Wonder Woman at a Sydney fan meet in 1998. <rubs chin>

Anyway, great to have you back, fellow "AusTranner"!

Welcome fellow Spidey Fan!!

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong!

Welcome to the board! This is my first online forum as well I understand...I'm pretty shy as well
    -=≡OrionPax≡=-

Knights of my untidy study

Mabuhay and welcome to the forum!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Hey. Again. Good to see you around once more (:

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

It certainly has been a long time. Nice to see you around these parts again...