Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: IDW Transformers ongoing [spoilers]

Wow, Spike is an a-hole.

Also, I went and read 3 just now (because for some reason 2 isn't downloading). I still don't get any feelings of emotion from the robots (Swindle excepted, he had more personality in one panel than everyone else did in the entire issue). It's worse than the Animated comic and how one artist almost always drew everyone going D: regardless of what was happening. IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN.

Since the start of Revelation, certain miniseries (Maximum Dinobots and LSotW) aside I feel like the IDW writers have cast too wide a net characterwise.

What made the First three -ation runs so good was that each side had 5 - 8 main characters that the comic focused one, as opposed to now where we've got essentially the entire 84 - 86 cast in play for each side.

#8 of the Ongoing - how boring...
    First 17 pages of a 23 page 23 page 'Transformers' comic, not a single robot. And the last 6 pages had just one robot.
    As a TFs fan, I don't care if there is some big huge plot device revealed in those first 17 pages, I'll probably never bother reading them.

Worst TFs comic issue ever.
    Definitely the sort of issue that's only worth buying in a TPB.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    #8 of the Ongoing - how boring...
    cut...

Worst TFs comic issue ever.
    Thanks for the heads up Bossbot, might not even bother reading it, seems like a wasted issue (again... )

IDW are wasting all the good karma they built up by releasing LSotW
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

my god i have not wanted to stop reading a comic half way through like i did with TF:O#8 for a very very long time.. i forced my self to finish it just about only to find perhaps the worst "death" ever.

i really do not like how they have made humans capable of taking on (and down) a tf one on one....

it gets some sort of recognition for the "human germ" comment...

i have to agee with Griffen

Worst issue ever.

haven't read this yet, but aside from the human-centric issue, did people get anything out of spike's developing character? i'll grab this next week.
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

flicked through #8 at the comic shop today. not impressed.

It's the sort of issue a comic shop would want to sell sealed. There's no way any casual fan of TFs would buy this issue if they were able to flick through it in the store.
    And the least they could have done with the online preview, is show 5 of the 6 'Robot' pages, to at least fool people into buying the issue (if they can't flick through it beforehand). I'd be interested to see how the sales were on this issue.

It's the sort of issue a comic shop would want to sell sealed. There's no way any casual fan of TFs would buy this issue if they were able to flick through it in the store.
    And the least they could have done with the online preview, is show 5 of the 6 'Robot' pages, to at least fool people into buying the issue (if they can't flick through it beforehand). I'd be interested to see how the sales were on this issue.
    Hmmm... King's Comics does not seal their issues unless its a limited run issue or an exclusive. That said, what interested me to flick through the issue was the fact that Javier Saltares' name is on the issue. I was huge fan of his work on Ghost Rider (the Danny Ketch version), which he illustrated till issue 6 or 7 before Mark Texeria took over. This was in the early 90s.

I was intrigued/surprised that he is drawing Transformers.

I wanted to see how his gritty style (imagine Ghost Rider) would be used on hi-tech clean cut robots. Or maybe they just wrote less robots in each issue so Javier would have it easier.

Definitely the sort of issue that's only worth buying in a TPB.
    That's pretty much how I feel about most post-Marvel TF comics. Few have really been good value as stand alone issues. I'm just too impatient to wait for the TPBs. But I recommend anyone with better patience than me to just wait.

I recently picked up the first Henkei! Henkei! TPB, which was written for a younger audience - and I'm finding it a more satisfying read than what IDW's churning out atm! And at 490JPY (or $11 at Kinokuniya's inflated import prices) per book much better value.