Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Seacons (reissue)

Default Toy Review - Seacons (reissue)

Toy Review - Seacons/Piranacon

Series - Generation 1
    Size - Combiner
    New/remould/redeco - Reissue
    Wave - N/A
    Released here - Not expected here (released Globally July)
    Approximate Retail Price - $60
    Approximate Size - 10-15cm individually, 30cm combined
    Allegiance - Decepticons
    Alt-modes - Snaptrap/Tortoise, Seawing/Mantaray, Nautilator/Lobster, Scalor/Fish, Tentakil/Octopus, Overbite/Shark.
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Combine to form Piranacon. Smaller five Seacons convert to a third weapons mode - A 'Targetmaster' feature.
    Main Colours - Purple, pink, green, blue, aqua, grey, black.
    Main Accessories - A lot...

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Great set.

Issues:

Overbites head was hard to put down in shark mode.

Instructions had piranacon different to the toy in the box. They had the right arm/leg swapped. I'd have to say I prefer as it came in box, more symmetry all around.

Instructions also had pictured the same guns for tentakill and scalor. I found that they're for scalor, the other ones with the slopes on them are tentakills.

Stickers pre-applied. I'd have preferred to put them on myself, straight.

But all that aside, there's plenty of parts and moving bits to keep busy for a while. Plus it's one of the better looking combined forms that sticks together great. And while the robot modes of everyone but seawing and snaptrap are a bit compromised, they are classic g1 combiners that can change any minion to any function such as arm, leg, weapon.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Extensive gallery has been posted at ACtoys.

Which is mirrored at TFW, because ACtoys can take a while to access.

I was reading the bio cards and I notice a softening of the personalities in them lately. Specifically in Nautilator's card, it states that the other Seacons are happy to pull him out of the water with whatever treasure he has picked up, whereas previously I believe that his breakin down in the water made them inclined towards leaving him. Snaptarp lost his 'Butcher of the Bogs' moniker as well.

I think this has happend on others. If I recall correctly, the IDW universe-esque comic, didn't credit Rippersnapper's function as a 'Terrorist' either. Transformers are being effected by political correctness? It kind of takes the edge off the Seacons a bit IMO

Maybe we need Bob Budiansky to remind them that 'they are evil' (like he did in 83, when he had to convince Hasbro to call the Decepticon Leader Megatron - they initially didn't want the name because it sounded too scary).

Without Bob, we'd have ended up with Optimus Prime facing off Fluffy-Bunny and the Decepticons...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Maybe we need Bob Budiansky to remind them that 'they are evil' (like he did in 83, when he had to convince Hasbro to call the Decepticon Leader Megatron - they initially didn't want the name because it sounded too scary).

Without Bob, we'd have ended up with Optimus Prime facing off Fluffy-Bunny and the Decepticons...

You mean like this

Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

HAH! That's the first thing I thought of too.

Hooray for Pre-applied stickers!

Because My mum just gives me funny looks when I ask her to do it now I'm 30.

Ummmm...which online toystore is this available at? and what's the shipping set you back ?

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Got mine from robot kingdom. Approx $85usd shipped. So it cost me roughly $100AUD in total to get them (toy and postage). Which isn't too bad if you price snaptrap as a deluxe and the other 5 as scouts, would be roughly that.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

So does Snaptrap really have a blue-green head??