Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ebay KO more of them?

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I told the wife that it was the happiest day of my life...
    "oops" was what I thought before I finished reading your sentence here...

... and then I had to quickly retract that statement after seeing the look on her face.
    Anyway, I saw 2 MIB Jap box Reflectors in Japan if anyone is willing to go there and shell out AU$789 for a MISB C9 Jap box one or AU$500 for a C6.5 Jap box and C9 toys set...

Anyway, I'm back from Tokyo and have lots to report... soon.

you dont think theyll ever KO bws do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    you dont think theyll ever KO bws do you?
    Sadly, they already are...

New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

KO-ing BWs... that's pretty desperate

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    KO-ing BWs... that's pretty desperate
    Don't be so sure, there is a fair bit of demand out there including this board to make them worthwhile, particularly some releases. The thing about BW figures is that despite them being fairly popular, they seemed to had a massive production run as there are plenty circulating in the market and therefore with the exception of a few figures, they aren't overly expensive. The fact that they are by far more durable than G1 figures also acts to their market quantities as many samples are in good condition.

The only BW KOs that I was previously aware of were the original Rattrap. That guy goes for a fair bit of money, specially when complete. Thankfully nobody has KOed X-9 Ravage.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    gosh, with all these Reflector discussion, I'm sure glad I bought mine in 1999 before all the KOs started popping out of the woodwork. Still, I'm pretty pissed that I now will never be able to get an MIB Reflector and be confident its not a KO or has KO parts.
    Nor would anyone with a legit MIB Reflector (or any KOed figure) get a good price for something that should be worth 10+ times the value if KOs didn't scare off potential buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Nor would anyone with a legit MIB Reflector (or any KOed figure) get a good price for something that should be worth 10+ times the value if KOs didn't scare off potential buyers.
    It did scare me off for a while there, but I was lucky to get one for AU$150 a little while back. Still want him checked out by people on here to make sure he is not a KO. And because of Ebay's stance on KO's being so lacking that alot still gets through, it makes me not want to buy figures off Ebay for the fact that the ones I am missing have all been KO'd. I'd rather buy from people face to face (or people from here as I know they can be trusted)

It's the same for me with G1 Devastator. I would love to have all the original Constructicons but they have been KO'd that many times, that the second-hand market is flooded with counterfeits.

It's the reason why I recently purchased my MOSC Scrapper as up until recently, that was the only way I was going to own them all. It gets very expensive as you can imagine.

Luckily I just purchased Scrapper prior to the KO Constructicons being made although there are ways to tell which ones are fake unlike a MIB Reflector with stickers applied.

I've now given up hope of ever owning a legit Devastator
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

It's the same for me with G1 Devastator. I would love to have all the original Constructicons but they have been KO'd that many times, that the second-hand market is flooded with counterfeits.

It's the reason why I recently purchased my MOSC Scrapper as up until recently, that was the only way I was going to own them all. It gets very expensive as you can imagine.

Luckily I just purchased Scrapper prior to the KO Constructicons being made although there are ways to tell which ones are fake unlike a MIB Reflector with stickers applied.

I've now given up hope of ever owning a legit Devastator
    I collected my Constructicons not through Ebay but the Parra Fair. Loose samples being sold by local second hand toy sellers are very unlikely to be KO and since you can inspect them in person before buying, you can be sure that its legit. The accessories were mostly from trusted sellers like therawhyde.

It took me a long time but I managed to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I collected my Constructicons not through Ebay but the Parra Fair. Loose samples being sold by local second hand toy sellers are very unlikely to be KO and since you can inspect them in person before buying, you can be sure that its legit. The accessories were mostly from trusted sellers like therawhyde.

It took me a long time but I managed to do it.
    Plus at Parra Fair, there are alot of us that can help you identify if its a KO or not. But your right, there aren't many there. I did see a full KO set there a while back, wanted 30 for it