Size - Voyager
    New/remould/redeco - new
    Wave - 2010 w1
    Released here - not yet, should be by Feb 2010
    Approximate Retail Price - $40
    Approximate Size - 20cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Tank
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Mech-Alive hidden scabbard, 2 swords.
    Main Colours - Dark green, orange, black, grey.
    Main Accessories - 2 swords.
    My Difficulty rating (out of 5) - 3
    Stability - Very good in both modes
    Poseability/articulation - Very good
    Playability - A bit fiddely to convert to Tank mode, but very playable in robot mode. Backpack is a bit big, but the swords feature was well executed. The 'fake armour' in robot mode gets in the way a little as well.
    My Thoughts - I like the look of the Tank mode, and the robot mode portrays the classic Gen1 character well. The face bugs me a bit though, as I would have liked to see a proper skull face like the original. The toy doesn't quite live up to the initial hype, but comes close enough to still be a required part of everyone's collection.
    Overall Recommendation Rating (out of 10) - 8.5 (Buy it)

Last edited by griffin; 4th January 2010 at 01:54 PM.

Thumbs up

Well this is one that I eagerly anticipated when I first saw it and thought it looks awesome in both alt and robot mode.

I don't have it yet, but based on the time spent playing with one in person (at the last Parra fair meet up), I still would grab it despite the paint apps not looking as pretty as the initial promo shots.

If I remember correctly, the transformation process from his alt mode to robot is fairly straight forward with the exception of his legs/hips, which is quite fiddly and took a bit of time to figure out (without referring to the instructions) - as Kup can attest to!

Bludgeon is also a bit small for a Voyager sized toy and the plastics used for his blades/swords is quite soft so it warps easy, giving them a flaccid bent look.

Besides these points, I think overall, it is quite a nice toy and a worthwhile addition to your collection - more suitable for your Classics/Universe shelf rather than to go with the Movie toys.

IMHO, overall I think he's worth giving an 8.5/10 - minus half a point each for lack of size, cheap plastics and paint apps.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    more suitable for your Classics/Universe shelf rather than to go with the Movie toys.
    Precisely why I'm getting it

Thanks for the reviews guys

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    If I remember correctly, the transformation process from his alt mode to robot is fairly straight forward with the exception of his legs/hips, which is quite fiddly and took a bit of time to figure out (without referring to the instructions) - as Kup can attest to!
    I'd have to agree that the transformation to robot mode is easier, but that's usually the case with TFs, as the alt-modes usually need everything lining-up/interlocking in an exact way. I did that review after only converting it from robot mode to tank mode, so I guess the rating was a little biased.
    I've changed my difficulty rating from 3.5 to 3, as I've since come across some other figures that make bludgeon feel like an auto-changer.

Is there a choice that says "win it at OTCA"?

Oh YES, I'll buy it!
    Latest Acquisitions: Metroplex
    Incoming: ROTF Buster Optimus Prime; FP Defender, Insecticons
    Needs List: Alternity Cliffjumper; TF Prime Bulkhead, Skyquake, Vehicons; Classics Sky Shadow, Junkheap

Oh yes, it will be mine

I might give the swords a coat of paint, get rid of the dullness of the grey plastic

i've already got him, he's pure awesomesauce
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

Already got him, was my main target at the toyfair heheheh. even though I only got 2 toys I was very very pleased.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I personally cannot wait for this guy...

A Skeleton Samurai Tank Warrior!

What's not to like?

i got the toy today (thanx griffin)

may i first say dont buy this toy, my reason

SO I AM THE ONLY ONE WHOM HAS THIS TOY BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA HAHAHAHAHhahahahahahahhahahaaaaaaa

the alt mode

very detailful(if thats a word), it does resemble a chinese tank, not just a tank, thus making it that slightest bit more awesome, it the turrent looks neatfully detailed and all over looks quite fine lol i jsut cant wait for a mod pack for this thing that has flags and extra stuff for him

transformation
    hard
    except for the turret, i loved that part lol

robot mode
    hes a little bit stubby, but he looks awesomely detailed, he has i love his skull like armour, its soo legendary, its like so sweet, he has 2 very nice swords that makes him look like hes ready to go into a rambo movie

overall
    the alt mode and robot mode are both fantastic, the only thing i disliked was the transformation, he works really neat with some of my toys, not just transformers, in all i give him a

altmode
    8/10

transformation
    5/10

robot mode
    9/10

details
    9/10

possability(right now)
    6/10

overall toy factor
    8/10