Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Botcon 2006 Beast Wars figures

Default Botcon 2006 Beast Wars figures

Does Anybody have all the 2006 Botcon exclusive Beast Wars figures???
    After searching on the Internet i just wanted to confirm what was available:

- Convention Box Set which included:
    *Axalon Rattrap
    *Axalon Rhinox
    *Axalon Cheetor
    *Darksyde Dinobot
    *Axalon Optimus Primal
    * Golden Disk????
    - Darksyde Megatron
    - Darksyde Waspinator
    - Exclusive Axalon Tigertron redco of Cheetor.

So is this all the figures that were available??
    Also does anybody have them all because if they would be so kind could i see a group shot

Thank you any help would be appreciated!

Yo!

All Timelines 06 figures are included in the pic. The Golden discs were actually repainted planet keys that came with each Cybertron mold figure.

From your list you are missing:

- Laserbeak
    - Buzzsaw

Club Exclusive (Still part of the 'Dawn of Futures Past' set)
    - Airazor

There is also the Razorclaw figure that is part of the 'Dawn of Futures Past' set but was released at Botcon 09. It's a new reformated G1 Razorclaw that appeared in the Timelines 06 comic.

In my oppinion Timelines'06 is the best Botcon set released so far followed by the controversial Botcon07.
    Last edited by kup; 3rd January 2010 at 09:14 AM.

Thank you!

they look good!
    Its gunna be hard for me to track them down tho epically Tigertron and the Darksyde figures!

why was 2007 Botcon controversial?

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream212 View Post
    Thank you!

they look good!
    Its gunna be hard for me to track them down tho epically Tigertron and the Darksyde figures!

why was 2007 Botcon controversial?
    Hasbro mentioned that Classics was cancelled forever so they released the remaining seekers Thundercracker, Thurst and Dirge as Botcon exclusives. Because a lot of people wanted to complete their Classic collection there was a bit of a frenzy to get them driving prices up to ridiculous amounts for each figure. Not long after that, they announced that there would be a Universe 'Classics 2.0' line in which they could have potentially released those characters and therefore make them more accessible to all fans. Since they cannot release exclusive toys into mainstream retail, releasing those characters for Universe was out of the question specially when several fans had already forked out US$250-300 per figure.

It hurt a lot more when much cheaper (but still expensive by retails standards) Henkei version of said characters were released including a fully remolded Dirge as Botcon Dirge was just a repaint of Ramjet.

The hardest figures to Track down from the Dawn of Futures Past set are:

Megatron - The rarest and by far the most expensive figure, can go for $500
    Waspinator - Came with Megatron but by itself it would likely be at the $100-$150 mark.

The others balance out fairly well at $100-$150
    Last edited by kup; 3rd January 2010 at 03:24 PM.

I've found that Laserbeak is the hardest to find at a reasonable price and ships internationally. It's been 3 1/4 years since BotCon 06 and Laserbeak is still the one I'm missing.
    Teach me to miss attending a BotCon...

I had a quick ebay search and the best I could find is this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformer-Botc...item20aeb9ecd7

However it looks like it wants to go for a crazy amount but you may get some back by seling buzzsaw.

I have noticed that there are hardly any Botcon 06 figures on ebay. It's been well over a year since I did a search and except for Megatron and Waspinator there was always a full set or two for sale in individual auctions now there are just a couple.

Seen one on ebay Buzzsaw and Lazerbeak together for currently US$122. With less than a day left, I can see it will probably go for more than that. Looks like he ships international as well.

I never realised how damn expensive Botcon figures can go for. I think I will stick to the non-exclusive figures

Edit: Kup beat me to posting it haha.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1
    I think I will stick to the non-exclusive figures
    I'm happy to buy exclusive figures if I can get them cheap enough; but I'm reluctant to pay premium prices for them. I think the most I've paid for an exclusive figure (in terms of how much the toy cost vs. how much it would cost as a non-exclusive) were Gentei Skywarp, Thundercracker and Thrust which cost me approx. $50 each (-_-) ... damn expensive Deluxes. I have other exclusives, but purchased at approximately to the equivalent retail price point.

Darksyde Dinobot is the only one I have from this set (and it will probably remain so until I can find the others at a price that I'm willing to pay... so it's unlikely that I'll get anymore, but that's fine by me.

Ive been looking on eBay for a few months now and there has been no complete box set for sale
    An opened Optimus prime sold for $200US about a month ago.
    I have not seen a Tigertron or Darksyde figure either

hmmm well i guess i have to be patient and save some special Botcon money

I dont think ill get the
    - Laser beak
    - Buzzsaw
    - Razorclaw
    Figures tho.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I had a quick ebay search and the best I could find is this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformer-Botc...item20aeb9ecd7

However it looks like it wants to go for a crazy amount but you may get some back by seling buzzsaw.
    That would be the idea, but I still expect it to go high enough to cost me a fair bit just for Laserbeak. (yes, I was already bidding on it)