Thread: Yet another Movie Jetpower Optimus Prime? + An all new Megatron

Default Yet another Movie Jetpower Optimus Prime? + An all new Megatron

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...figures/17708/

Various online toy sellers in Japan have listed the newly announced Takara Transformers movie figures.

The power prime sounds like the most accurate yet along with megatron,
    I might just hold out on the buster two pack and shadow command megs untill i see some pictures of these two figures!

The Jetpower Optimus Prime toy is priced at 7140 yen (with tax included), which is the price of a Leader class toy. On the other hand the new Megatron is priced at 4410 yen, the price of Voyager class.

kurdt and I suspect that Jetpower Optimus is either the old Voyager mould but with new Jetfire parts to make up the Leader class price point, or a complete new Voyager size mould of Optimus altogether.

From the description of the Megatron toy in Japanese text, it seems to be a simple metallic repaint of the ROTF Voyager Megatron mould.

Yea, with the pricing, it does look like these figures are going to be voyager class sizes, with the Megatron a repaint from green to silver.

I'm hoping they're not though, and they've somehow managed to reduce the number of components in the toy while keeping them leader class size. Really looking forward to the pictures to see what they're all about.

I was really annoyed when they released the asia exclusive 2pack with buster prime and jetfire, cause I just got buster prime. I'm hoping with this new line, they'll release a movie accurate color jetfire on its own, with a faceplate that snaps on to the original buster prime.

C'mon Takara, you know you want to... please?

Yeah, the earlier Seibertron news item I posted here, had someone claim from the JP text that the Optimus figure was the Voyager toy with plug-on parts that don't do anything else (they don't form Jetfire in either mode), and the Megatron was just a redeco.

Sounds very interesting.
    Pictures would be handy to see, but I could see myself getting both.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Yeah, the earlier Seibertron news item I posted here, had someone claim from the JP text that the Optimus figure was the Voyager toy with plug-on parts that don't do anything else (they don't form Jetfire in either mode), and the Megatron was just a redeco.
    Neither of them specifically mention the voyager size, i think it's just the price point that lends credence to that idea.

ビークルモードは玩具オリジナル設定で、ジェットトラックになる。
    This says that Optimus Prime's vehicle mode has an original configuration that allows it to transform into a "jet truck."

さらに、ジェットファイアーパーツは、オプティマスプライムに持たせて、バズーカ砲に変形可能(※ジェット ファイアー単体でのロボットモード・ビークルモードにはなりません)。
    According to this the Jetfire parts can transform into a bazooka cannon for Optimus Prime but cannot transform into a robot or vehicle.

Super tiny!
    looks promising but we need bigger pics, hopefully in a few days more will come!
    i will most likely get megatron cause i dont have that mould and i sold my leader, the combo is a definate buy!

The Prime pics look like a modified Voyager Movie 1 Prime, which would make sense versus Voyager Megs.