Page 131 of 136 FirstFirst ... 111121126127128129130131132133134135 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1351

Thread: tv shows what u into

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Saw the ads for Resident Alien a while back, finally created a 9NOW account to watch it in our Google box. Didn't know it was a comic book, but damn is it just funny and brilliant. Alan Tudyk is a talented actor
    Channel 9 started playing Resident Alien on 9go last week, and I have been watching it... and it is indeed a funny, but dark comedy.
    I didn't really buy the kid (Max) suddenly not being afraid of the Alien in the 3rd episode, without a more believable lead-up to the change of character... like, having the Alien eventually realising that he is unable to kill a kid (as he starts developing feelings for the humans in later episodes) so continued to bluff threats at the kid (until Max realises it's just a bluff and then has the courage to stand up to the Alien and try to prove he is an Alien). Unfortunately, the short season required Max to find courage really early, as he plays a part in uncovering the Alien's true form (Max is the only person who doesn't see the "holographic" disguise of a human that the Alien is using).

They are playing 3 episodes a week, which will go through the first season of 10 episodes quite fast.
    Good news for some is that there is a second season, which just started this week in America... but will probably end up on 9Now, and regular tv in a year's time.

I've been watching Star Trek Discovery lately and while I found the first season relatively enjoyable, what with the Mirror universe shenanigans going on, and of course Malfoy senior being the captain at the time, I have since progressed on to season 2 and I must say...
    What the hell happened??? The writing is ridiculous, I'm up to episode 8 so far and the amount of people in the show that have disobeyed orders and done really stupid stuff is beyond a joke. Like one character starts drilling into an unstable meteor or something by herself manually because "it's too dangerous to trust to machines and if something goes wrong the whole ship could blow up" THEN DONT DO IT BY YOURSELF IN A RISKY SITUATION WITHOUT THE CAPTAIN KNOWING!!

Ridiculous! And thats just the beginning, this is a search for Spock season. The mum comes along looking for Spock, then later on, just so happens to have him. No indication of how she found him or anything. Oh and the worst was one I just finished. Possible spoilers, but a character (I use this term loosely) dies in this episode, and the episode shove down your throat that they got along with the others failry well, but they've never really had any significance for the viewer until this episode. Then when they die, it's supposed to be oh so tragic happening, but the viewer's emotional attachment isn't there, because the character wasn't important until this one episode.

And it's odd as I spotted the character before and thought to myself, wow, they look like they could have a pretty cool little back story and be a generally nifty character... But until their death, they just potter around idly in the background. Until we are "supposed" to feel something for them.

Just damn lazy writing. I'm kind of far enough along that I'm willing to push on through to the end of the season, but dang man, Star Trek has certainly dropped a few levels (of hell) in quality since I last watched it (Star Trek Enterprise if you're interested).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Channel 9 started playing Resident Alien on 9go last week, and I have been watching it... and it is indeed a funny, but dark comedy.
    I didn't really buy the kid (Max) suddenly not being afraid of the Alien in the 3rd episode, without a more believable lead-up to the change of character... like, having the Alien eventually realising that he is unable to kill a kid (as he starts developing feelings for the humans in later episodes) so continued to bluff threats at the kid (until Max realises it's just a bluff and then has the courage to stand up to the Alien and try to prove he is an Alien). Unfortunately, the short season required Max to find courage really early, as he plays a part in uncovering the Alien's true form (Max is the only person who doesn't see the "holographic" disguise of a human that the Alien is using).

They are playing 3 episodes a week, which will go through the first season of 10 episodes quite fast.
    Good news for some is that there is a second season, which just started this week in America... but will probably end up on 9Now, and regular tv in a year's time.
    That's always a problem with trying to adapt a comic or story to TV, is having to shorten things to make it fit into a time frame. Sometimes things get missed. But still, show made us laugh a fair bit, and look forward to the next season

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

:O when!? Has not been advertised it was on!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I've been watching Star Trek Discovery lately and while I found the first season relatively enjoyable, what with the Mirror universe shenanigans going on, and of course Malfoy senior being the captain at the time, I have since progressed on to season 2 and I must say...
    What the hell happened??? The writing is ridiculous, I'm up to episode 8 so far and the amount of people in the show that have disobeyed orders and done really stupid stuff is beyond a joke. Like one character starts drilling into an unstable meteor or something by herself manually because "it's too dangerous to trust to machines and if something goes wrong the whole ship could blow up" THEN DONT DO IT BY YOURSELF IN A RISKY SITUATION WITHOUT THE CAPTAIN KNOWING!!

Ridiculous! And thats just the beginning, this is a search for Spock season. The mum comes along looking for Spock, then later on, just so happens to have him. No indication of how she found him or anything. Oh and the worst was one I just finished. Possible spoilers, but a character (I use this term loosely) dies in this episode, and the episode shove down your throat that they got along with the others failry well, but they've never really had any significance for the viewer until this episode. Then when they die, it's supposed to be oh so tragic happening, but the viewer's emotional attachment isn't there, because the character wasn't important until this one episode.

And it's odd as I spotted the character before and thought to myself, wow, they look like they could have a pretty cool little back story and be a generally nifty character... But until their death, they just potter around idly in the background. Until we are "supposed" to feel something for them.

Just damn lazy writing. I'm kind of far enough along that I'm willing to push on through to the end of the season, but dang man, Star Trek has certainly dropped a few levels (of hell) in quality since I last watched it (Star Trek Enterprise if you're interested).

Push through, the setting changes in season 3. Might improve for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    :O when!? Has not been advertised it was on!!
    Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday nights at around 10pm.

Finally watching Peacemaker on Binge. It looked good before, and it's better than I expected. The character has alot more depth than you see in The Suicide Squad. Quite funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post

Ridiculous! And thats just the beginning,....

[snip]

Yeah I tapped out of Discovery at the second or third last episode of season 2 when it was first airing (new ep each week).
    Some friends have told me that S3 is better, but.... Honestly there's heaps of good shows around, so dont know if I could be bothered with this anymore. Star Trek Lower Decks (on Amazon) is actually better.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Finally watching Peacemaker on Binge. It looked good before, and it's better than I expected. The character has alot more depth than you see in The Suicide Squad. Quite funny.
    Does it follow from the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Does it follow from the movie?
    Certainly does. John Cena is actually really good. The intro song and dance is brilliant too.